Chapter 8

Naib was stunned by what he just heard. He was not deaf, but he wondered if his ears were not playing a trick on him. Norton had just confessed and asked him to go out with him. Seriously ? For real ? Wasn't he the one who said to stop their contract before it even ended when the deadline was so close ?

"Wait a second, what do you like about me to say that ?"

"Do I need a reason ? Well, your reactions are adorable and-"

"STOP ! I've heard enough."

The brunette knew he was going to regret it if he let Norton dwell on it any longer. His cheeks were already a scarlet red. The big guy was still on top of him and he didn't know where to stand other than to look away to avoid feeling even more embarrassed than that. 

Norton smiled before moving one of his hands under the younger man's chin and pulling him into a kiss. It was short and chaste but still enough to make the brunet even more flustered. The latter abruptly pushed back the one above him by straightening up slightly.

"What are you doing !?"

"Ah sorry, I couldn't help it." he replied with a chuckle.

Couldn't help it ? What a joke. He didn't look sorry at all with that silly grin on his face, not in the least. Naib grumbled and sighed. The problem was not whether he liked Norton or not in the same way, the feelings were mutual after all.

Only, in the back of his mind, he hadn't forgotten how Norton had coldly broken the contract. Why do that if it meant asking him out afterwards ? He didn't understand. He was afraid. Afraid that he might abandon him any day now if he accepted such a declaration.

The big guy knew exactly what the young man was thinking, even though he had been trying to keep it off topic all along. Unfortunately, they were going to have to discuss it at some point. His smile disappeared and he moved away from Naib, sitting down again on the side and leaving some space to the brunette. 

again on the side and leaving some space to the brunette.

"Sorry."

"Huh ?"

After a confession, now an apology ? What's next, a proposal ?

"It was... because of your mother."

"What the..."

Naib had suddenly stood up at this revelation from Norton. You could feel the annoyance in his voice and his gaze, but it quickly went away and he sat back down with a sigh, one hand covering half his face. The taller man was simply silent, waiting for whatever insults the brunette could throw at him.

"I think I got the picture... You don't have to apologize for that."

"I wanted to anyway."

Naib looked at the other male with surprise before letting a laugh escape his lips. This whole situation was ridiculous and stupid. It was all because of a man who was a little too extreme and a mother who was only interested in her heritage. Norton thought it was silly too, he had forgotten his values for a while and ignored his own feelings.

The brown-haired man smiled awkwardly as he looked at the man who had stolen his heart. He couldn't imagine himself with anyone else but the one before his eyes. Norton gave him a confused and then surprised look when the young man moved to wrap his arms around his neck and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Naib-"

"You can keep the money. I can't answer you yet, not right away. Let me talk to her first."

Norton smiled and put his arms around the young man's waist. He buried his face in the crook of his neck, sniffing the lavender scent of his hair. Naib chuckled softly at the gesture, which tickled him slightly, his arms still around the dark-haired man.

"I understand. I'll wait for your answer in that case."

"Thank you, Norton..."

"No need to thank me. I just wanted you to know that I love you and that there is no one else in my heart but you."

"Thank you..."

They stayed like that for another long moment before finally pulling away from each other once more. Only, this separation was only of short duration. Naib returned home after that, more determined than ever. It was the end of the young boy who let his life be controlled by his parents. 

He walked through the long corridors of this huge house, knowing perfectly well where to go to find the person he had to confront. It took him only a few minutes to find himself in front of an imposing black door. He knocked twice and then turned the handle when a female voice invited him in.

"Naib."

"Mother."

The young woman stood behind her desk, not even bothering to look up to observe her son, too busy viewing the incalculable lines printed on numerous sheets scattered in front of her. The brunette sighed, it was not the first time he was in such a situation and each time, it was almost like talking to a wall. He hoped, however, that she would listen to him for real this time.

"I'd like to talk to you about something."

"I'm listening." she said, still not looking up from her paperwork.

"It's about Norton."

Naib's mother stopped rummaging through her papers when he mentioned that name and finally turned her attention to her son this time, a neutral expression on her face.

"Are you still seeing him ? I thought I told you to-"

"I won't listen to you anymore."

"Excuse me...?"

There it is. The most difficult moment. The one he'd been dreading the most. But it was probably the best choice to make. Big trouble, big medicine as they say. And then... even if it went wrong, he now had a home to return to and people waiting for him. 

"You live under my roof, young man."

"Precisely, I'm leaving. Whatever you may say."

"Are you cutting ties ?"

"No. But I'm not coming back until you stop bothering me with an arranged marriage and accept my relationship with him."

"Are you really planning to leave behind everything I've spent years building on ? Just for one man ?"

Her impassive gaze had been exchanged for a duller one for a while. It was obvious she didn't like the way things were going. But unfortunately, there was nothing she could do about it this time no matter how much she tried to stop Naib.

"I'm grateful to you for raising me, but who I want to spend the rest of my life with is none of your business. I'm sorry it has to come to this but... If you try to tear us apart again, today will be

He turned away with those last words, leaving his frustrated mother in her office. He passed again through the endless corridors. He made a detour by his room to retrieve some things, of course, he couldn't take everything with him and left a big part.

Once his bags were packed, he left the house, his green hood covering his head as usual. He walked along the alley leading to the exit and saw a familiar figure in the distance...

______

GAHH ! Next chapter will probably be the last one cuz I dunno where this is going anymore and just want to end this-