Chapter 6

Aesop was at elementary school and Norton wasn't working, so he stayed home and lazed around. However, the sound of the doorbell forced him to get up from the couch and open the door. There he saw a small figure whose face was slightly hidden by a hood although brown strands of hair were escaping from it here and there.

"Naib ?"

"Um... I think I forgot my favorite watch here, mind if I take a look ?"

"Oh uh, sure, come on in."

"Thanks, it'll only take a moment !"

So Naib walked past him and hurried upstairs as if he knew exactly where she was, exactly where to go. Norton didn't close the door and left it open since he thought it wouldn't be long before the young man came back downstairs. He leaned against the doorframe and watched the road.

Suddenly, an expensive-looking car parked right in front of his house. He looked curiously at the vehicle. The driver's door opened to reveal a rather tall man, probably taller than Norton. He had black hair and wore a long forest green coat. He approached the male with a wide smile on his face. It was almost creepy to be honest.

"Good morning mister, I would like to know if a certain Naib Subedar came here ?"

Did he know Naib ? A friend of his perhaps, otherwise how would he have known he could find him here. Before he could answer him, the subject of the conversation had come rushing back, muttering about how he found what he was looking for in the bathroom. However, when he saw the individual who had just arrived, he froze in place, a grim expression on his face.

"Oh, there you are ! You have no idea how long I've been looking for you !"

Naib frowned even more as the latter spoke a word. Norton was quick to notice and stepped between the two, sensing something was wrong. The young brunet was not the talkative type but one could easily read the expressions on his face and a thing was sure, he didn't look very happy to see this person.

"You two know each other ?" asked Norton.

"If we know each other...?" he let out a laugh. "Why don't you answer him, my dear Naib ?"

This stranger seemed a little too familiar with the brunette. But then again, Norton didn't understand why he cared so much. He was free to hang out with whoever he wanted, it's not like their relationship was real and he was getting cheated on or anything...

"I don't know you." he hissed.

"Come on, don't be shy ~"

The tall man bent his arm to touch Naib but was immediately stopped by Norton's powerful grip, who glared at him. He didn't much like the feeling of being the third wheel between the two of them right now.

"Hmm, looks like today is not a good day. I'll be back don't worry ~"

The individual sketched a wide smile before heading towards his car parked in front of the house. He started it and then left the place as quickly as he had arrived. Well, it was already a nuisance to be gone. However, the young brunette who was still hiding behind him certainly had some explanations to give him.

"So... who was it ?"

"That's not your business..."

"I think it is from the moment he arrived at my doorstep thinking he'd find you."

The brunette grunted before sighing and walking away from the other male and removing his shoes.

"Let's talk about it inside."

Norton shrugged and followed him into the living room. He took a detour to the kitchen and returned a few minutes later with two cups of coffee. He put one on the table facing Naib who was sitting on the sofa and then came to sit next to him, blowing lightly on his own cup. Well, was he finally going to be told what was going on ?

He didn't want to seem like he was pushing the issue too far so he preferred to wait for the other young man to start talking first, staring into the empty space of his living room as he waited. While there wasn't much to it, it was simply the same room he'd lived in for years with his son.

"That's my ex."

"Huh ?"

He had just been daydreaming for a few seconds so he didn't immediately understand Naib's words. His ex...? Like his old boyfriend ?

"I didn't know you dated anyone else before."

"You never asked me."

" True."

Norton realized then that he knew almost nothing about Naib even though they had lived together for almost a month and had already seen every bit of each other's bodies although those memories were somewhat blurred by the alcohol that day.

In the end, maybe there was one thing he had learned about him. His reactions were quite adorable and his face was beautiful. Ah. He fell for him.