Chapter 7

He had fallen head over heels for Naib Subedar. Those brown locks that stuck out when his hood covered his head, that frustrated look he displayed when he was embarrassed or uncomfortable...

Norton then began to blush furiously. Naib was still standing in front of him and somehow it was quite ridiculous to realize that he loved him after having a visit from one of his old boyfriends. He took a sip of his tea that had already cooled down by now to hide his embarrassment a bit.

"So... What happened to cause you to break up ?"

The brunette seemed slightly tense at the question he had just been asked. Sure, it was never pleasant to talk about this kind of memories and the situation between him and this man, whose name he still didn't know, didn't look the easiest.

You don't have to talk about it if it bothers you." he stated.

"It's fine." He let out a sigh before continuing. "His name is Jack and we dated for over a year."

"That's a pretty long time."

"Indeed... At first, everything was fine and I felt happy around him but..."

"But...?"

Norton wasn't really one to like to make conversation but after the discovery of his infatuation with the brunette, he couldn't help but want to know more. He wanted to make up for that time he didn't know him yet and also the time they lived together.

"I've noticed that some things were not right."

"Like...?"

"People were disappearing from my contact list, Jack strangely wanted me to stay at his house almost every day and sometimes got overly jealous... Then, one day, I ran into an old acquaintance. She seemed a little confused when she saw me and gave me an excuse before walking away."

"Why did she do that ?"

"Later, I found out that Jack was the one who was deleting my contacts. He had even gone as far as making appointments with some of them and threatening them not to approach me or telling them I didn't want to see them again."

"W-woah..." he said, a little at a loss for words.

"Of course, I left him right after that. But Jack is the son of a pretty prominent family and at the time, mine was having some problems with a few of the employees so my breaking up with him only made things worse. He came to the front of my house every day and caused quite a number of problems for our business."

"Is that why your mother reacted the way she did last time ?"

"Probably. I also think the reason he showed up here today is because he found out I 'broke up' with you and thought he might get another chance."

"You're not going to give him another one, are you...?"

"Of course not !"

Norton set his cup on the table and rubbed his temple. This whole thing sounded a lot more complicated than he thought. His first true crush had a pretty disastrous record and it was already giving him a headache. Anyway, it wasn't a jealous former boyfriend that was going to scare Norton Campbell. He was determined to win Naib Subedar's heart and body at all costs.

But how ? First of all there was the problem with Jack and then with the mother of the brunet. This was not going to be one of the simplest conquests. The male then started to think about a solution but he didn't really like to think too much about it.

Arf. Did he really need a plan to begin with ?

"Why don't you go out with me ?" he said.

"Huh ?"

Naib's gaze then turned to Norton and he looked at him as if he had just said the most absurd thing he had ever heard.

"I mean, for real."

The brunette frowned and looked somewhat annoyed. It was quite understandable in all honesty. Norton had just broken the contract they had made just a few days ago and now he was asking him out ? It all made no sense.

"So ?" insisted Norton.

"You don't even like me so why-"

"What if I do ?" he said, cutting him off.

"Huh ?" 

Suddenly, it was the turn of the brown to start to blush atrociously, except that this time he had nothing to hide his embarrassment. Norton let slip a laugh to Naib's reactions, he was simply adorable and the desire to tease him harassed his mind.

He sketched a mischievous smile before leaning a little more towards the other young man, passing one of his arms on the back of the sofa and his other hand on the armrest behind Naib, thus trapping him and without escape.

"I love you so go out with me ?"

"W-what !?"

"It's simple though, just say yes or no. So ?"

"I-"