30// Caring Family

Start from the beginning

"Rudra wants me to go the court hearing but I am still not sure if I can face that monster." I let out looking at them helplessly.

"I can't say that I understand what you are feeling because the trauma, the fear you have kept inside you for all the years is not something you can forget so easily. But I would say that you are not alone, neither before nor now. Especially Rudra who will not sit still till that Kunal gets punished for his misdeed. You know, I have never seen him so broken before. Not even when he got cheated years ago but when he saw you lying on pool of blood he literally froze for some time. Not only that, he broke down after learning what happened years ago with you. That's why I am telling you that if that boy can cry for you then he will surely do worse to the person who is responsible for your trauma." Maa says while I have tears prickling in my eyes but I am not going to let them fall so easily. I have enough crying so no more crying for me.

"I will not back out again, Maa. I have so many people to support me so I don't have anything to fear." I reply.

It's now evening and thankfully Maa has allowed me to walk in the garden but not alone. I don't mind that because Kuhu is accompanying me along with my baby Candy who keeps sniffing every single flowers of the garden. Rudra and Lakshya Bhaiya haven't come back from office yet as they need to catch on some important works. Suddenly, a thought comes on my mind so I look at Kuhu who is typing something on her phone. Maybe texting her mother or something else.

"Kuhu, can I ask you something?" I let out making her look at me.

"Why are you talking to me as if I am some stranger. Ask whatever you want." She replies faking an angry look which makes me smile at her silliness.

"I don't want to give a you a long lecture because I know my bestie don't have that much patience in her blood cells. So, I am going to straight forward and ask what you have thought about Lakshya Bhaiya's proposal." I tell her because I only know that Lakshya Bhaiya has confessed his feeling to her but I don't know what she has replied.

"Ishu, I have rejected him." My eyes widen hearing her reply.

"But why? I can clearly see that you like him a lot then why you are hiding your feelings." I remark.

"It's not so easy for me to get into a relationship. You know me well that I want to become financially successful before settling down with anyone but now I have just started my job, so in reality I am scared to be with Lakshya." She explains which I can understand well from her point of view.

"Do you fear that if you let Lakshya Bhaiya in your life then you won't be able to fulfill your dream?" I ask in which she stays silent.

"Kuhu, if you really think that by accepting your feelings for Lakshya bhaiya will put a dent in your career then I would tell you have done the right thing by rejecting him. However, as far as I have known him I don't think he will stop you from fulfilling your dreams. I can say with confidence that he will be the happiest one out of all of us to see you getting the success you have always dreamed of. So, try to think from your heart not mind and then decide what good for you." I suggest while bending down to pet Candy who is now running around my feet.

"Ishu..." I hear after a few minutes so I look up to find my bestie in tears in which I don't get worried, instead I smile at her and hug her gently.

"Cry as much as you want but I hope you have understood that, it's not easy to hide your true feelings." I say while rubbing her back to comfort.

"But I am scared." She replies still crying.

"Then talk to Lakshya Bhaiya and tell him about your fear. I know my brother-in-law so I can guarantee that he will definitely give you the best suggestion. You know he was the one to help me in my first day of cooking." I say making her pull away from the hug.