22// Date Night (Pt.Two)

Start from the beginning

("That's wrong. I been talking about so many things for so long and here you are thinking about your new project.")

"Okay, I will not think about anything work-related tonight. Now, are you happy?" I let out.

"Yes, a lot." He replies winking at me.

"By the way, I am thinking that we can go out of India for one or two weeks. What do you say?" I chock on the water that I am drinking not expecting to hear something like that.

"Are you alright?" He asks worriedly while handing me a tissue.

"I am fine." I reply wiping the excess water.

"Are you offended?" He asks looking guilty.

"I am not a bit offended. It's just something I didn't see coming and I would like to go with you out of India." I reply giving him a gentle smile.

"Then tell me where do you want to go?" He asks.

"I will let you know in a few days because currently I don't have any proper place in my Xmind as where I want to go." I tell him truthfully.

"As you wish, Mrs. Bajaj." He says before taking a bite from the Dabeli.

We both finish the meal quickly because I am very eager to walk on the beach while feeling the sand on my toes. He takes off his coat and shoes while I only remove my flats before we both start walking towards the water. The slight smell of the salt mix with water is so enduring that I can stay here for a very long time.

While walking by the water, he takes my hand in his making me smile. Never have I thought that I can freely spend time with a man without freaking out. I always thought that I will be unmarried my whole life because of my lack of trust in men. But now looking at my husband, I can proudly say that I am very lucky.

"This feels good." He remarks.

"What?" I ask.

"This silence, this alone time and this company of yours." He replies tightening his hold on my hand.

I don't reply, only smile in response while looking at the sky which is full of stars. The sound of water hitting our feet is making the atmosphere more delightful. Just then I remember that he has promised to tell me something so I stop walking and face him.

"You said that you would tell me about your reason for not wanting to get married. Now, what's the reason?" I ask.

"Do you really want to know?" He asks.

"Yes, if it's okay with you." I reply shrugging my shoulders. He doesn't say anything for some time and then starts walking again which clutching my hand in his as if it will give him some sort of strength.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" He asks.

"Umm, no I don't." I reply not understanding what with this question.

"Right now I don't believe in it too but in the past, I used to believe that love could blossom looking at someone for the first time. I was only 19 at that time when I met Kripa who joined the college as a transfer student. We clicked instantly as friends and in a few months, I asked her to be my girlfriend. She showed immense interest in me and we began our relationship. Mom and Dad weren't a bit happy with this relationship because they never liked Kripa. But I told them that I would only marry her or I would be single forever." He narrates.

"Then why didn't you marry her?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Because I got to see her real color. We graduated together and planned to start a business. At first, she showed a lot of eagerness but when it came to invest she said that her parents would never help her. Being the caring boyfriend I was, I told her that she didn't need to invest a single penny. Our business went to the top of the market in two years and soon I proposed to her for marriage in which she said yes. I was very happy with the way my life was going. But then one day, I got to know that someone from the company was working with my rival company and sharing some crucial details. Lakshya was the one to find out about Kripa being the person behind the betrayal. At first, I didn't believe him and fought with him. But soon got to know that I was in delusion from the start because the person whom I loved so much, never loved me for real. Our relationship was only a time pass for her." I can hear the bitterness in his voice while remembering the past.

"How did you find out about her real motive?" I ask biting my lips.

"I overheard her talking to her parents about her deal with my rival company when I went to surprise her on our anniversary. She was telling them that she would go out of India after receiving the money for selling the information. I didn't say anything to her and went out of there. The next day I cut off all the connections of her with my company and also with my bank accounts. When she got to know about this, she came to me and start saying whatever came into her mind. But I didn't let her get away so easily. I showed her the proof that I had against her and also told her about my knowledge about her leaving the country soon after she received the money. Lakshya wanted to put her behind the bar but I stopped him and told her to go away from my life. That's also when I saw her for the last time." He explains before releasing a breath.

"You know you're very brave to not let her manipulate your mind more than she had done before." I tell him.

"Do you really think that?" He asks as if doubting me.

"Yes, I do and I am also very happy that you got to know about the real her before she could do more damage to your hard work. Actually, I think it's good that she is not in your life." I remark making him furrow his eyebrows at me.

"And why is that?" He asks.

"Then our marriage would not have happened." I reply with a genuine smile.

"You are absolutely right. It is good that I kicked her out of my life because maybe even God knew that you are made for me." He says picking me up in his arms making me squeal.

"What are you doing?" I ask while giggling loudly.

"I am carrying my wife whose feet must be hurting by walking so much." He answers walking back to the direction where the tent is located.

"Who says that my feet are hurting?" I ask wrapping my hands tightly around his neck.

"I know it from my heart." He replies making me laugh more.

If I had known that life would be filled with so much happiness after marriage, I would never have hesitated before saying yes to marriage. But it is also true that sooner or later, I have come to know about my happiness which is my powerful yet gentle husband. I rest my head on his shoulder feeling content to be wrapped in his safe embrace. I feel a kiss being placed on my forehead making me smile inwardly.

I didn't want to show him sympathy after knowing about his past, because I know he wouldn't have liked it at all. That's why I have tried to change his mind and it seems like I have succeeded. He has never judged me for anything then how I can judge him for his love interest in the past.

A person will love another person and this has been going on for centuries. But our choices for loving someone will always be right, there is no such thing. We are human so there will be mistakes but the most important thing is that we should learn something good from that mistake.

|||

1808 words in total🥰

How are you all doing my lovelies? I know I was away for a very long time but don't worry now that I am back, you guys will receive frequent updates.

Now, tell me how is the chapter?

The next chapter will be released in a few days so wait for that to come. Till then keep voting, sharing and commenting the story.

❤I love you❤