Twenty-Six.

Well, if making the mistake of having sex with Matt was enough, I recently discovered that I'm pregnant. I know that it's not what I wanted, and it certainly wasn't planned, but I am actually happy about it. Am I excited that Remus isn't the father? No, but I knew that Matt is going to be a great father. At least I hope he will.

It wasn't hard to get Matt to agree to see me, I sent him one letter and he replied so fast inviting me over for dinner. He probably thinks that I want to have sex with him again. I told my mum before I told Matt, and she wasn't excited that I was having a kid before I was married, and that it was from a one-night-stand, but she eventually came around to being a Grandmother and then she got very excited about it.

My mum told my brother before I could tell Matt. He promised me he wouldn't tell anyone until I told Matt. I thanked him for that. I told him he could tell Mary, but he had to swear her to secrecy. He swore he would.

When I arrived at Matt's place that night, I was so nervous. When I got there, Marlene and Sirius were there. I was very happy to see them. "We were just on our way out." Marlene told me as I greeted her.

"Oh, don't leave just because I showed up. Stay a bit."

I actually needed them here for this. It took my nerves away and I could also ask Sirius to tell Remus for me so it wasn't a shock for him when the rest of the Order finds out. They did stay for a bit to visit. I figured that I would feel better once I just told Matt what I needed to tell him.

"So, Matt, I bet you're wondering why I wanted to see you again."

"Yeah, I was kind of surprised to receive your letter."

"Yeah, well, I have something that I need to tell you."

"Oh let me guess," said Sirius, "You fell in love with him the night of the wedding."

"No mate," said Marlene, playing along, "She's obviously pregnant."

Sirius laughed, but I didn't. Marlene didn't know how right she was. Matt laughed too, but then he noticed I wasn't laughing and he got serious too. "You're not pregnant, right Ellie?"

"Surprise," I say, shrugging my shoulders. "You're going to be a father."

"Oh shit," Said Sirius. He stared at me wide eyed.

"Are you sure it's not Remus's baby?" Asked Marlene.

"Remus and I broke up more than seven months ago," I remind her, "If it were his, I'd be nearly ready to give birth by now, and Matt is the only person that I have slept with since I've been single."

Matt looked like he couldn't talk. The news was big for him, that was for sure. He gulped, and ran a hand through his hair, and then he spoke. "You're pregnant...with...with my baby?"

I nod, "I am."

He covers his mouth with his hands, then removes them quickly and walks over to me and hugs me tightly. "This is so exciting! Oh Merlin, this is amazing! How are you feeling? Oh my Goodness, sit down, darling. Why are you on your feet?"

"Matt," I chuckle at him, "I'm fine. I can stand."

"Oh mum is going to flip!" Said Marlene, and then she hugged me too. "Congratulations, Ellie. I'm glad that you're the mother of my future niece or nephew."

"Thanks, Marlene," I say as we hug. I saw Matt was hugging Sirius. Then Sirius hugged me too telling me how excited he was for me.

"I need to ask something of you," I tell Sirius, looking at him. He smiled at me like he knew what I was about to say.

"You want me to tell Remus for you," he said. It was like he read my mind. 

"You don't have to if you don't want to, but I just don't want to surprise him when the rest of the Order finds out."

"I'll tell him," he assures me, nodding. "This is what you wanted. This is so exciting."

Well, it wasn't exactly what I wanted, but he had a point. I wanted a baby, and I wouldn't budge on it. That's why Remus and I aren't together right now.

"It's very exciting." Says Matt as he draped an arm around my shoulders. "Oh, Ellie, you should move in here. We can get you comfortable and get a room ready for the baby. It will be so much fun."

His words caught me off guard. I was not expecting him to ask me to live with him. "Um, I will think about it."

He nods, "Just let me know, alright. I've got plenty of room for you and our baby. You're not alone, not if I'm the father." That was very sweet. I hugged him again, and he even patted my back. "Come on, let's get you off your feet." He took my hand and he dragged me to sit down, even though I was fine. I got another round of hugs from Marlene and Sirius before they left.