Five.

Sirius made a point of sitting by me during lunch to ask me about what Remus and I talked about after we got back last night. I told him Remus said he wants to be my friend, and that he hugged me. Sirius smiled proudly and said, "That's my girl. Mark my words, Eloise: He will be yours in no time," and gave me a quick fist bump.

I thought he was a little too confident in this, but nonetheless I let him be happy for me. Remus and I were friends now, and that was more than we were at the very beginning of the school year. That's all that I cared about. I was just fine taking it one step at a time, but Sirius was trying to get Remus and I to take that step beyond friendship already.

The more I got to know Remus, the more that I liked him. He was sweet, kind, thoughtful, and downright adorable. Also, the more I got to know him the more comfortable I was around him. He no longer makes me as nervous as he used to. I wasn't worried about saying something stupid to him or getting tongue tied anymore.

Sirius was more happy than I was that Remus and I were friends now. Remus, despite being as smart as he was, always asked me to help him with Arithmancy homework. Sirius said that he was just trying to talk to me alone.

On a night that was actually nice for early November, there weren't very many Gryffindors in the Common Room. I was alone with Remus, doing homework, because Binns had assigned a super long essay we decided we wanted to get ahead of. We had been working for a few hours when we decided to take a break, and Remus surprised me by asking, "How did your dad get bit?"

"Oh," I say, kind of taken aback by this question. "He was a bit of an explorer. Loved animals. Not too unlike our gamekeeper Hagrid. He was in a forest in Ireland one night that wasn't too different from the Forbidden Forest by the school where he met a werewolf and it attacked him. He had just finished school a few months before that."

"That's awful," Replied Remus with a sigh, "He was so young."

"Not as young as you were," I point out, he nods.

"Yeah, I guess he wasn't as young as I was, but still a teenager."

"Yeah. I can't imagine what it's like. Do you remember what it was like?"

"I do," he nods, "it was the most terrifying moment of my life. I woke up to a werewolf over my bed. I thought I was going to die. I thought he was going to kill me. He told me not to scream, but when he bit me it hurt so bad I couldn't not scream. It woke my parents, but he was gone before they reached my room. They took me to St. Mungo’s to figure out what kind of bite it was, and I've been a werewolf ever since."

"That's terrible, Remus," I say, placing my hand over his.

"It was the worst night of my life," he says shrugging. "But it's gotten better. It's not so painful anymore, and now I have my friends with me. It's not all bad."

I can't help but smile at that. "Well, even though I never got to be there for my dad I am glad I can be there for you."

"Thanks, Ellie," he says, nodding.

It was then that the other three Marauders entered the Common Room they were laughing at something that was said before they entered the room and they were covered in mud. I didn't know what happened to them but it wasn't unusual for them to show up dirty after being outside on a nice day. I just hoped that they kept the dirt to themselves far from me.

I scrunch my nose in disgust at the sight of their dirty clothes and I rubbed it like the back of my hand like I was rubbing off an itch. I didn't even notice Remus was looking at me until he started laughing at me lightly, like he only wanted me to hear it.

"What?" I ask, wondering why he was laughing.

"Nothing," says Remus, a smirk on his lips before he brought his brown eyes down to his essay again.

I didn't have much time to react tato this because Sirius, James, and Peter headed over to us. We learned that the boys had been off with Matt Mckinnon, and they had a riot flying on brooms at the Quidditch Pitch and practiced diving, hence the mud. James mentioned that Matt stayed behind to shower at the locker rooms.

When they headed off to get their things for a shower, I turned my attention back to my essay. Remus didn't, he still wanted to talk, "Thanks for telling me about your dad, Ellie."

"Oh," I say, slightly taken aback, "It's no problem, Remus."

"Yeah but a lot of people don't see people like him and I as people, which is why I don't tell anyone. It's nice to have one more person on my side. It makes me feel a bit more human."

"You are a human, Remus," I tell him.

"You'd be surprised how many people do not agree with you."

"Well, I must be one of the good ones, then," I joke with him. He cracks a sweet smile at me. It wasn't a friendly smile. My eyes could be deceiving me here, but the way he was looking at me, it made me feel so smitten. He had a look of pure adornment on his face, most apparent in his eyes. It made me feel weak.

"Yeah," he says, that smile still on his face. I couldn't look away from him.

It took me all my might not to stare at him while we worked on our essays. When I went up to my dorm later that night, I found all the girls on their beds talking about something when I entered the room.
Dorcas smiled at me and asked, "Have a good night with Remus, Ellie?"

"Yeah," I say, smiling back. I made my way over to my trunk to change into some pajamas. 

Marlene started poking fun as I started changing, "Of course she did," she says, smirking. "She was with Remus all night."

"Shut up, Marlene," said Lily, playfully. "Don't tease her for having a crush unless you want us to bring up how we've all caught you staring at Sirius."

"The man is hot, I'm not ashamed," replied Marlene.

We all laughed at her comment. Mary, who was sitting on Lily's bed painting her nails a pretty shade of light pink, looked up from her work for a moment and asked, "What were you guys even doing."

"We worked on our essays for Professor Binns," I tell her, as I pull my nightgown over my head.

I looked in my mirror then, and I tied my wavy, brunette hair in a bun on the top of my head. "You're finally spending time with him," says Dorcas, "You guys are quite the pair."

I sit with my legs crossed on my bed, a smile on my face. I had to admit that I did agree. It made me wonder what was going on in the Fifth Yeah Dorm right now.

-Remus-

When I entered the dorm, all three of my friends were waiting for me. They were sitting on their beds, and they all looked at me when I entered the room. "There he is!" Said Sirius, a smirk on his face that he had when he was coming up with a devious plan. "How was doing homework with Ellie?"

"Fine," I tell him as I walk over to my bed so I could put my school bag in my trunk and then change into some pajamas for the night. I had a bad feeling that my friends were about to tease me about being alone with Ellie for most of the day.

"So," says James, "is Ellie your girlfriend?"

"Ellie is about as much of my girlfriend as Evans is yours, mate." I replied, rather sassily, I might add.

Peter and Sirius laughed, James scowled at me, then rolled his eyes at me, crossed his arms across his chest, and scoffed as he looked off at the wall. He was such a baby sometimes. He knows I was just joking around.

"Ellie is nice," I continued, "She doesn't treat me like a monster, in fact, she insists that I'm not. I just wish her father was still alive, so I'd have another werewolf to talk to." I looked at Sirius, because I knew he would know the answer to my question. "What happened to him, anyway?"

"He was murdered, mate," replied Sirius.

"What?" I ask, shocked now. "Why?"

"Why do you think, mate?" Asked Sirius, and I suddenly knew.

"That's barbaric," I nearly hissed.

"He was trying to get some anti-werewolf laws repealed. Speaking out against the injustice against people like you and him. I guessed that he angered someone dangerous."

"That's insane,"said James.

"It is," I agreed. It actually made sense now, why Ellie was so admit that I wasn't a monster. That's why she always told me I wasn't a monster when I said I was one. I suddenly felt awful now for that now that I knew.

"So anyways," said Sirius, "Do you like Ellie?"

"Yeah," I answered, "She's kind, and she's always up to help me with homework."

"Yeah but do you like her?" Asked Sirius again. I knew where he was going with this, but I didn't care. I'd just answer honestly.

"As a friend, yes," I answered.

It's been all year that Sirius has been on mission to get me a girlfriend. I think it's annoying even if I knew his heart was in the right place. He says I need to relax. And having a girlfriend is his solution to that. I think that would just add more stress to the already stress filled fifth year. It's O.W.L. year, the absolute toughest year of school, and Sirius wanted me to add the stress of a relationship to that.

"Mate, why are you pushing so hard for Ellie and I to get together? Do you know something that I don't?"

"Not at all, mate," Sirius answered quickly, "I just know that she doesn't see you as a monster and that she never will."

"And she's not too hard on the eyes, eighter," says James, "She's not Evans but she's not ugly."

That was such a typical James thing to say. It made me laugh. "I just don't like her like that, Sirius," I say, looking at Sirius when I did.

"It would be a lot cooler if you did," said Sirius, a smirk on his lips. "You're not going to find anyone else quite like her."

"Then why don't you date her?" I ask, my tone hard.

"Not my type," he answered, smugly. I responded by rolling my eyes.

_____________________
Here's part 5!

Yes this is going to be a switching POV Story,but I didn't decide that until I was writing this chapter. That's why it's starts in this chapter and not before.

-Emily Winchester.