Seventeen.

Remus and I had our one year anniversary near the end of April. I woke to a bouquet of fresh picked flowers next to my bed, and he was waiting for me in the Common Room when I got there. We spent all day together. Sat together at every meal, held hands on the way to classes where we sat next to each other. Then, Remus surprised me by taking me on a walk during sunset, when it wasn't too dark yet but still very pretty outside.

It was an absolute perfect day. I felt so special and so loved that day. I hoped this was the first of any year anniversaries that we have together.

The last Quidditch game of the season was on my birthday at the end of April, unlike last year when it was a few days before. We were playing against Slytherin this year. Their Seeker, Regulus Black, tried to knock me off my broom quite a few times, but I still managed to stay up on my broom the entire game. I even caught the snitch again, but this time it was a much longer game.

It was probably the longest game I have ever been a part of. The length of the game was due to the Slytherin team trying to play dirty and hurt as many of us Gryffindors as they could rather than play an actual fair game. At one point I even saw Severus Snape try to launch the Quaffle at James's head but James caught it before it could hit him. 

It was James's first year as Captain and we won the House Cup, for the second year in a row at that. He was so excited. Like they did last year, the other Gryffindors rushed to the pitch. James and Garrett both held me up in their shoulders while everyone cheered. Sirius grabbed Marlene and picked her up and spun her around before he kissed her. When I was brought down to the ground again I was engulfed into a hug from Remus. He spun me around, squeezing me tight. He kissed me for a good moment.

Then the cheering got louder. When our kiss ended I found out why. Lily had two fists full of James's Quidditch robes, and she had obviously pulled him down to her level to kiss him dead on the lips. It was the same move Remus pulled on me last year, but it's a good move so I don't blame her for doing it on James.

I have never seen James smile so happily or more excitedly than he did when Lily pulled back from him after the kiss. He was like a kid on Christmas morning who just opened the best present in the world. He was absolutely glowing. He was so happy. He kissed her again, and this time he had his hands on the back of her neck, keeping her head in place. He was in charge of it this time.

"Damn," said Remus, "I never thought I would ever see that."

"Me either," I admit, then we both laugh.

Once the crowd died down, we headed to the locker room. Since Matt Mckinnon was no longer our captain Remus could come with us and not be kicked out. Many of the team were already in the showers. They're were only a few showers in here, and they were all taken up. Marlene didn't even come to the locker room, she went right up to our dorm to shower. I would have zero hot water left to shower after Marlene was finished. She likes long showers.

As Quidditch Captain, James could use the Prefect's bathroom if he needed to shower, so I got an idea. I turned to Remus and asked, "Can I use the shower in your dorm?"

He pondered over it for a second, and then he shrugged. "I can't see the guys having a problem with it, since it is your birthday after all. Let me just run it by them real quick, okay?"

"Sure," I say, nodding. He stepped over to the boy's in his dorm and I saw them all talking for a second. James shrugged, Sirius nodded, but Peter rolled his eyes looking annoyed. When he spoke he looked exasperated. I couldn't understand why he was so annoyed at Remus asking if I could use the shower in their dorm. I know the House Elves keep it very clean. It's not like I was going to use his products, I have my own.

Remus walked back over to me a moment later, and he wore a smile. "They're okay with it, Sirius told us to have fun. But I told him that it wasn't going to be that kind of shower. I mean, unless you want it to be."

I chuckle at that comment. "Normally I would love that, but I actually really need to shower. I swear Regulus was chasing me and not the Snitch out there."

"Alright darling. The bathroom will be open for you."

"Awesome, thanks babe," I say and lift myself up on my tip toes and I kiss him on the cheek. Remus held my hand while we walked to the Castle. James was absolutely beaming that Lily had kissed him. He was so excited. He kept gloating about it on the walk to the Castle. He finally kissed Evans, he actually finally did it.

When we got back to the Common Room, I headed up to the girl's dorms to grab my shower things before I headed to the boys room to shower. Once the water was hot enough I got in and began to wet my body and hair. When I started to shampoo my hair, I felt a pair of hands in my hair that weren't mine. I knew it was my boyfriend.

"What are you doing in here, darling?" I ask, but I kept my eyes closed, so I didn't get soap in them.

"I'm taking a shower with you," Remus replied as he massaged my scalp. "Let me wash your hair."

"Well, since you're already in here," I say, a little chuckle in my voice. He rinses my hair for me, and once all the shampoo is out, he starts to get a little cheeky. His lips were on my neck, kissing it lightly. It made me giggle. "Babe, I told you that I wanted to take a shower."

"And you are," and he kisses my neck again.

"Remus, don't make me kick you out of here," I say, my tone a bit stern.

He let out an annoyed sigh, and then he said, "Hand me the conditioner then."

I did as he said, and I handed him the conditioner and he put some in his hand and applied it to my hair, raking it through with his fingers. "Your hair is so pretty, baby." He tells me. "I've always thought your hair is so pretty."

"Thanks love," I say, smiling.

Once my hair was washed, I turned around and I wrapped my arms around his neck and I looked up at him and I smiled. His wet hair was falling over his face. It was so hot. My hands went to his chest, running my fingers over the scars from his nights alone transformed in the Shrieking Shack. He's very insecure about his scars, especially the ones on his face.

"You're so beautiful," I whisper as I trace my fingers over his scar that's right across his chest.

"No I'm not," he replies.

"Shut it," I nearly hissed, "Yes you are." I hoist myself up in my tiptoes and I kiss his lip softly and quickly.

He smiles lightly, "You're very kind, Bunny."

"I'm just being honest," I tell him without thinking about it.

"You truly make me feel so, just, special, and loved. I've never felt more comfortable and appreciated in my life than when I am with you. I seriously love you so much."

I hug him tightly, resting my head onto his chest. "I love you, too, Remus. You are absolutely amazing. I am so happy with you."

He hugs me back, and suddenly I didn't want to be taking a shower anymore. I just wanted to spend some time with my boyfriend on my birthday, just the two of us, in his bed. "Let's hurry this shower up, alright darling? I want some time with you before we head back downstairs."

He smirks, and I knew that he understood what I meant. He grabs the body wash then, smiling. He wanted the same thing that I did. That's why he got in this shower with me. So we sped up the shower, and got clean before we took things to his bed.

We went back into the Common Room holding hands, and I headed up to my dorm to put my shower things back before I headed back down to the Common Room. Remus was with his friends, and the conversation he was having with Peter didn't look like a pleasant one. Peter looked annoyed again, like he did earlier in the locker room. Then he walked off, up to the boy's dorms.

I had reached Remus then, and he draped an arm around me. Earlier I let Peter's behavior slide but now I was too curious not to ask. "What's up with Wormtail?"

"He's just jealous he doesn't have a girlfriend," said Sirius, even though I clearly looked at Remus when I asked the question.

Remus speaks up again, "He believes that you and I took too much time upstairs, and that I shouldn't have let you use our shower."

"Really?" I ask, my face had to have matched my surprised tone. "It's my birthday though. What did he honestly expect? You can't come up to my dorm, or we would switch it up if we could."

"I know that darling," said Remus, keeping his tone as calm as he could. "Like Sirius said, he's jealous. He'll get over it."

My tone became sharp as I spoke again. I didn't mean to be so upset, but I just was. "Well, maybe if he was more pleasant someone would like him." Sirius actually laughed at this. Remus squeezed my shoulder with his hand.

"Don't let Peter get to you, Darling. He'll get over it. Give him time."

The thing was though, he has been acting like this for a while. I didn't think that he would get over it. Ever since Sirius started dating Marlene he's been jealous. I'd be jealous if all my friends were dating someone too and I wasn't but that doesn't mean that I would act like a prat about it though. He needs to grow up, and quickly. Because us girls weren't going anywhere and we're not doing anything wrong.

_______________________
Here's part 17!

They're so cute, I absolutely love them so much.

And also, in regards to Peter, there's always that one jealous friend that just can't control how jealous they are.

There's always one.

-Emily Winchester.