Cap.2 - Mr. Veríssimo

-- Now I'm not going ahead, my dear, you can go in faith - Thiago said and was followed by a sarcastic and unintentional laugh from Daniel.

Everyone looked at each other and remembered that this was a normal procedure for Ordo Realitas, which even happened a few times while they were on trial. However, it is still suspicious.

-- Waaait a minute, I don't know if I want to go ahead - Elizabeth starts backing up a few steps - Can we talk about it again?

-- Okay, I'm going in. - said Daniel with sudden courage, and then he gets into the van.

-- The guy is brave, the guy is smart, I go after Daniel here man, come on, you look strong. - said Thiago with a confident smile on his face, entering the van shortly thereafter.

-- Okay, I'll go, I don't wanna stay here alone - Elizabeth was the last to got into the back of the van.

As soon as everyone enters, the bartender closes the side door of the van, turns around and enters the driver's seat. Soon the engine of the van is rumbling and it begins to move. Silence took over for a few minutes until suddenly Daniel leans forward and break this silence with a question.

-- It's serious?

-- Excuse me? - asks the confused driver bartender.

-- Was what happened serious so that we need to be there? - Daniel insisted.

-- I don't have a lot of information, what I do know is that we are going where we need to go.

-- At least do you know where we're going? - Elizabeth also decides to ask.

-- We are going to meet Mr. Verissimo. - he replied and keeps driving concentrated.

-- Do you know Mr. Veríssimo? - Daniel asks.

-- I am Mr. Veríssimo. - he said with a smile on his face.

Everyone is surprised and is left without a reaction, until Thiago decides to speak up. 

-- Gee, but we're going to meet Mr. Veríssimo and we're already talking to Mr. Veríssimo. What? Who are you man?

The car then stops, and everyone realizes that they are in front of a large building. The boy then gets out of the van without answering them, turn around and open the side door. Waiting outside, there is a man with raw gray hair in a suit, around 50 or 60 years old, much like a cliche CEO, he gets into the van and then speaks.

-- Hello, I'm Mr. Veríssimo.

Thiago immediately recognizes him as the first man of the Order with whom he spoke. The door closes, the boy goes back to the driver's seat and starts driving again. The gray-haired man self-named Mr. Verissimo looked seriously in the direction of the group and said.

-- This is your first official case, we are assimilating you into a new cell in the Order. Welcome to Ordo Realitas.

-- Oh man, very pleased to meet you again sir, thank you so much - Thiago verbalizes happily while extending his right hand to greet him, shaking his head in positive, with a wide smile on his face. And right after that he pulls a cigarette out of his pocket ready to light it.

-- Thanks sir, I guess. - Elizabeth says.

-- Please don't smoke in the car. - asks Mr. Veríssimo while the others look at Thiago's cigarette with a little disgust.

-- Oh, I'm so sorry sir. - Thiago immediately returns the cigarette to his pocket.

-- So, you guys are a... - Mr. Veríssimo tries to keep talking but is interrupted by Elizabeth who looks at him puzzled.

-- I'm sorry honey, but what's your name? I guess we didn't met befo...

-- I'm Mr. Veríssimo - ele também a interrompe. - Well, time is short.

-- Okay... - Elizabeth is shocked but gives up on insisting on his real name. So Mr. Veríssimo continues.

-- We need to get to the point. You are a team now, and you must trust each other, just as we trust you. - he speaks and looks at the group waiting for an answer.

-- Well I think ... - it was Daniel who spoke first. - Guys I think it served to break the ice, so now everyone knows why we are here and I hope that we act professionally because they are lives that depend on everything and anything we do.

-- Oh geez, this guy is serious, I like him man, I will follow everything he's talking about man, I liked you Daniel. - Thiago agrees with a smile on his face.

-- Thanks. - Replied Daniel. And then Mr. Veríssimo returns to speak.

-- We are now going to a school. A member of the fire department found the body of a colleague shortly after they separated during the last night. We are going there because this body has several signs of paranormal interaction. You will get there and report to the officer ... - he stops and starts looking at his documents - Gonzales Medina, he is the police officer responsible for this investigation. And you're going to use this... - then he pulls out of his briefcase and hands out three badges.

-- These badges are from a fake sector of the federal police called the Unusual Crimes Sector, you will tell Gonzales Medina that you work in this sector

-- These badges are from a fake sector of the federal police called the Unusual Crimes Sector, you will tell Gonzales Medina that you work in this sector. - he stopped for a moment to see if the group was following and then proceeded. - Your mission is to find out if there is any Occult involvement in this crime, and if it exists, you will need to do all the necessary procedures to prevent these Occultists while keeping the existence of the whole paranormal secret. You need to make sure that no one but you knows or witnesses the existence of paranormal entities. The truth will always win.

When he speaks that last sentence, the van stops, the door opens, and everyone is now facing an old building and a sign with the words "Nostradamus High School".