'Great,' thought Ash.

"Really? How... much?" he asked, hesitantly.

"All of it!" she yelled and threw her arms in excitement. "You are not only cute, but suuuper strong. Why didn't you tell meee?!" she whined, shaking Ash by his shoulders.

"H-hey calm down a little bit," Ash managed to say as he tried to contain her.

"Can't blame her. She is always this excited," a new voice said from behind Ash. He recognised it and turned around to see familiar, pretty girl standing with her hands on hips. She smiled at him when they made eye contact.

"May?"

"Hi Ash."

"Hold up!" Leaf yelled as she got in between them. "You two-?"

"Know each other? Yes," May answered before Leaf could complete her question.

"But how-?"

May didn't really want to answer that, because knowing her, she would make a ruckus about it. But Ash went ahead anyway.

"Oh, we are roommates," he answered without hesitation, as May mentally facepalmed. Leaf went silent for a moment before she slowly broke into a sinister grin.

"No! And I mean absolutely no! It's nothing like that!" May said in a strict tone.

"But I didn't even say anything yet~" said Leaf with a fake innocence. 

"Because I know you well enough to guess what you were thinking about," the brunette replied.

"So that means you two are-"

"NO!" May screamed, but this time she was blushing madly in the face, which was a victory for Leaf in her attempt to tease her.

"Is something wrong?" asked Ash, who was a bit confused about what were the girls talking about.

"Oh It's nothing. Don't worry about it hehe," said Leaf, quickly. Ash decided it was best to not indulge himself in matters he was not supposed to.

"Coming to the previous topic," said May as she looked at Ash. "It's a huge understatement to say that you're strong. I never imagined you'd be so much skilled as a trainer."

"Oooo praise from the President, now that's very rare...I wonder why~" Leaf singed, giving a cheeky glance at May, but immediately shut up after seeing May balling her fists in anger. She knew better than to get on the receiving end of those punches. Many boys before who tried to tease or flirt with her in the past have faced undeniable consequences.

'This is just getting worse by the minute. Nate wasn't wrong when he said about the air stirring up,'  thought Ash as he searched for a way to evade their attention.

"To tell the truth, I was letting him attack on purpose so that I could find an opening and strike first. It was just a matter of timing," said Ash, hoping they'd drop the matter quickly.

"Really? Didn't look like that to me," wondered Leaf.

"Yeah obviously. All I saw was incredible speed and raw strength from your pokemon," said May. 'Which just increases my suspicion. Is he really a Class D student. Even assuming he failed the written, he doesn’t look like he is academically incapable. No maybe it's something else...'

"I would like to chat more girls, but I should really go back to the dorms. And Pikachu's still in the bag," he said and pointed to his bag. In truth, he just wanted to avoid anymore interrogation from them.

"Aww the poor thing. I guess you should go then. We can hangout some other time," said Leaf, a bit disappointed.

"Yeah, sorry. See you later," he said and quickly stormed off to the other direction. Leaf waved her hand as goodbye, but May kept looking at him with a frown. She couldn't help, but notice Ash's sudden change in mood.