04: The Waffled Philosophy

Comenzar desde el principio

He took a glimpse at the number and nodded. "Thanks, I'll text you when I get home." I thanked him back and left to head to my last class, leaving him to do so as well- hopefully Sawney won't cry during his math exam.

My last lesson had zoomed by, just the usual nagging by our maths teacher, telling us that we were stupid for not understanding something I couldn't be bothered to remember.

Bag filled with crumpled up notes and packets of nuts for the crows I feed afterschool, I cringed at the messy sight yet still pushed my math book inside and slung my bag over my shoulder, making my way back home with nature lighting the day up.

Sure it may be cruel, but we all decide what's cruel and cool. So maybe, accepting both the cruel and cool is true satisfaction and balance. Yeah, that's all we need... balance.

My front door was white with the walls wrappes in clingy vines. Not too much but quite a little, I probably seemed like a fairy.

The moment I saw Tootsie tapping the front window with his face fixated on me, I unlocked the door faster, my chest bubbling with joy at the sight of him.

Before I could even turn around properly, the grey cat pounced into my arms, punching me with his mouth over and over again. He thought that was how humans show affection- kissing but more aggressive.

"How's my little bodyguard?" I cooed, holding him up and spinning him around. He purred and kicked his tiny legs in the air happily. I grinned and cradled him against my chest and told him about my day in the most cheerful tone I could use.

I laid him on my bed after I made it upstairs, going to use the shower while he kneaded my messy duvet.

Just as I was about to exit the shower door to dry myself, I could hear my ringtone play as loud as ever. I dropped everything and sprinted out the bathroom to pick up the phone.

Tootsie turned to face me and yelped in fear, falling out of the bed. I chuckled sheepishly while opening my phone, cocking a brow at the dramatic cat. "You've seen me naked a million times, Toots."

Ignoring his little hisses, I found Reiner's phone number on the missed calls list. I blinked twice when I realised I had forgotten to text him my address.

But before anything, I must name his number on my phone, so I edited it, typing it down with emojis:

Sawneys dada🥳

I proudly grinned at my humour, clicking on his contact and tapping my address in. He sent back a thumbs up emoji and nothing else. The poor guy seems depressed so I didn't say much back.

Only going to put my dino onesie on, it had a melted choccy stain that refuses to wash off on the back, near its tail. I didn't mind it if I'm honest, it looked like a classic birth mark on the bum. And so I went downstairs with the tail swinging side to side, nothing but pride in my stride.

Usually, it was normal for someone to be living alone at this age but most people still live with their families. Tootsie rubbed himself on my limb, I picked him up and laid him on my lap. Perhaps Tootsie is my family. No, he is my family.

Family is a nice word, when you picture it- you'd think of a man and woman with a romantic past and a few happy kids that are the best of friends. Maybe even the people with family issues picture that.

But who can be sure? We all have our own special thoughts and ideas- our cute perspectives.

Sometimes that leads me to wonder why people prefer animals over humans. Is it the fact that they do not have the choice to think such horrific thoughts? They don't have as much free will as we do. And sometimes they're obedient... or is it because they have more freedom than us?

Besides, I'm sure they wouldn't say that if animals could talk. Humans and animals are the same technically. Except, our job is to place intelligence over desire, animals naturally place desire over intelligence.

But hey- that's life, whether it's cruel or not... at least we had a go.

My head cocked up at the sound of a knock, my heart plummeting in uncertainty. Tootsie had already ran ahead, scratching the door as if to threaten whoever was on the opposite side.

A replay of all the dangerous people I've met had flipped through my head as I tiptoed to the front door with a knife in my pocket.

Authors note:

Honestly I've always had family issues and ever since it's been getting worse I've only had wattpad to cheer me up, thank you everyone for the encouraging comments I'm really powered up to write the chapters of this fanfiction.

Thanks for believing in me 💜💜💜😄😁