Chapter 10: Life's so unfair

Katniss pov

Waking up i muffle curses into my pillow. I can't be bothered to go to school today. I'm so tired. I need sleep! Pushing myself onto my back i sit up and lean on my elbows to see my feet hanging off the bed and my blanket spread diagonally along my bed. Huffing i throw my head back before pushing myself off the bed and walking to the corner to pick up my clothes from the floor.

Once i've chosen what to wear i get changed then throw my dirty clothes in a corner making a mental reminder to clean them. Walking down the hallway with my blazer i turn and go into my mother's bedroom looking for old clothes. I lay on the floor and reach under her bed and find an old handbag, that's in pretty good shape. Jumping up i turn and go down the stairs, jumping off the last one. I then stroll over to the kitchen and grab an apple making a mental reminder to go shopping tomorrow and buy food. Oh, and a job.

Throwing the core in the bin, i slip on my heels and place the items from my satchel into the handbag. I then clip it shut and push it up on my shoulder before pulling on the white blazer. Then i grab the handle and pull open the door shutting it behind me.

Walking down the pathway i feel the sun heating up my body and i feel my temperature rising. Sighing i take off my white blazer feeling the gentle breeze ghost along my skin before placing it on my arm. so i'm only wearing a navy blue dress with a thin white belt.

I begin to hum as i walk through the forest and decide that the next time i wear trousers i'm going to climb a tree. I begin to slow down so i'm strolling along because i don't have homeroom, so why rush. I just hope this day isn't going to be complicated, but i can't help it when my eyes glance back to that houses i saw yesterday.

I finally arrive at school and walk inside as the bell rings loudly for first period. Pulling down the bottom of my dress i walk to a science class that has a few students outside and i wait until they enter the classroom and follow them.

Inside i look around to see half the seats filled and spot a seat at the back which is an empty row that everyone avoided as if it was reserved. Sitting down i see the last few students come in and another group who come through a different entrance. I glare as they sit at the back but i can't see them all clearly. Turning i notice the girl from a few days ago.

"I hear your a slut", she says as if it was nothing, "How many kids do you have?".

I scowl and snap, "Just because you’ve chosen a label for me doesn’t mean I’ve chosen to wear it."

I feel confusion when i see her smirk and nod in approve at me but before i have time to question her actions the teacher begins the lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After science, i chose to have french and maths and Re. Once RE finished i left the classroom and went to the cafeteria before stopping and turning back to the library. Pulling open the door i find Finch sitting alone in a corner opening her lunch box.

"Hey", i say approaching her, "Do you want to have lunch. I think we had a schedule".

"Hi. Are you sure, what about your friend" she says worriedly. I was abut to correct her i mean don't you have to ask someone to be friends with them?

"She'd love to have you" i reply, not that she has a choice. Pulling on her hand i take her to the cafeteria. I'm sure she would want someone to eat with. I always did and hated being alone. Once we enter i look at the lunch line and hear Finch offer to share some of her lunch with me. I mumble a thank you before taking her to a table outside that is shaded by a tree, away from all the other tables. The area is much more peaceful and next to the school's field.

We both sit down and she lets me have her crisps then i hear footsteps approaching. Turning around i groan dramatically at the sight of Madge. "No... It was so peaceful". She laughs and all three of us begin a conversation until i notice that fox-face is sitting quietly and hasn't spoken for 15 minutes. I stare at her and watch as she glances back at everyone else who are glaring at her. Why? I don't see what's so special on our table.

"Hey ignore them", i tell her.

"Sorry, this is weird for me"

"Don't apologize. How to react to haters, BLOCK, DELETE & FORGET" i say raising my voice at the end.

"So we kill them?" a voice says curiously .

"What?! No.. Madge. Ahh" i groan putting my hands over my face. This is going to be a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After lunch i head to geography and suffer through an hour of learning about maps and criminals. Core subjects are the worst and i think i hate geography the most either that or maths.

I leave the classroom and head downstairs before crossing the playground and feeling grateful at the gentle breeze and peaceful atmosphere due to everyone being in their homerooms. I keep walking and walk around the building and for some reason it feels as if the atmosphere has tensed.

I walk a few more steps before hearing someone whistle. Glancing up i stand paralyzed and feel my heart drop at the sight before me.

He's here.

Life's so unfair.

1st comment gets a dedication :)

Ahh! I can't beleive this is my first book to have 10 chapters! Please read, vote and comment! :) Thanks for over 1000 reads :O

Please read my new books.

An everlark book called, "Risking it all ~ everlark criminals". :)

A fiction book called "The secret behind the bad boy".