21

hot chicks
talia: iris, what's going on?x
talia: not replied to my message in a couple of days
freya: me neither :( iris? are you okay?
gee: i've been trying to call, she's just ignoring me

from tobi
want to get a nandos?

from cal
is everything okay?
tried to ask harry what's gone on but no luck

from talia
are you okay? not spoke to you in a while x
iris? x

from ethan
hey, want a drink or something later?
iris?

that is not even half of the messages my friends have been sending me. okay, maybe i have been cooped up in my flat, the sun beaming through the large windows, the blue sky shining bright and it is evidently warm out, but i would rather be inside, watching shitty television, ignoring my phone and throwing my diet away. no gym, no walks, no nothing. i am trying to get over what happened, excuse it as a 'friends with benefits' gone wrong, even if we were not friends. but something about harry etches onto my mind in ways no other guy has before and i hate it. it is unexplainable and frustrating, i just want to forget that anything happened between us, but i cannot.

with harry's messages sat in my notifications, unread, left on delivered, it is baffling. i thought he would be happy to end things and allow us to drift, but he cannot seem to leave me alone, there is even a random missed call from him which i watched ring over and over again. with how much distaste he shows towards me, should he not just find a new fuck by now? instead he is trying to tell me we need to talk, but i have nothing else to say.

from harry
i want to talk, we can't just end things
like that
iris talk to me
just stop ignoring me, i'm trying to
fix things
cal says you're not replying to him either
iris, you know i'm sorry

staring blankly at the tv in front of me, i am completely zoned out, the sound is going through one ear and out of the other, the images on the screen not even processing in my brain. i think
to myself that maybe i should just come clean about everything that happened between harry and i, explain that we both made a mistake and i simply need to go back to hating him, like old times, but my heart will not let me.

my phone repeatedly vibrates against the sofa and i instantly groan, "just fuck off!" i huff, before glancing at the screen and noticing it is gee. guilt instantly consumes me, i can tell she is worried by how many times she has been ringing me and maybe i should not be ignoring my girls, but i do not feel like talking to anyone at all. i stare at the bright screen blaring in my face, slowly reaching my hand out towards the phone and finally answering it.

"iris?" gee exclaims, "is everything okay?"

"everything is fine." i exhale, "don't worry."

"but i am worried, you've not been replying to anyone or picking up my calls." gee expresses, the relieved tone still evident through her voice that i picked up the phone, "have you even left your flat?"

"erm, maybe not." i mumble, "listen, i'm fine, it's -"

gee instantly cuts me off, "no, it's not fine! i'm coming round."

"no, honestly, you don't have -"

"i'm setting off." she says and it's true, i can hear rustling through the speaker and the jumbling of keys, "see you soon."