CHAPTER II: THE SWORD OF THUNDER

Now Xeodes and Morgana got into a canoe and headed to the vital kingdom.  Xeodes was exhausted and had so many things that were bothering him.  When they finally came nearer to that isle, they could see how the land was bear and the deserted.  Morgana said, “What a monster!  How could he be that heartless, mothers, fathers, and mostly children died here”  “Hey, That’s my father you are talking about.”  Xeodes interrupted
                    They both started quarreling.  Agrekan led them to western part of the vital kingdom and to their surprise, that part had not been destroyed because the humans had not recognized it.  Morgana sensed that there was something wrong.  She saw foot trucks of something that was not human like but sort of a beast.  They heard a sound of something coming towards them.  Xeodes pulled out his sword from the scabbard, ready to attack whatever that tried to ambush them.
                    Agrekan told them not to look at those beasts at the face, if anybody tried to, they would turn to statues.  Then the beast came closer to them, Morgana heard that the beast was sniffing around.  She looked through the lake and could see the beast’s reflection.  Immediately, the beast took her.  “She is gone.”  Agrekan shouted at Xeodes.  “Oh, how cute.  The beast was a female!  Why did you not tell me later, I could have taken her out.”
                      Agrekan got angry and said, “You know what, you’re crazy. You have gone nuts.  Your sister is gone and here you are, busy bluffing of how you could have killed that beast.  Why could you not do that before it took her?  Your own sister realized that the beast was using its sense of smell to hunt but you were busy closing your eyes as if you were on your bed.”  Xeodes felt ashamed and said, “I’m sorry, but speaking of the beasts, what are they?”
                  “They are known as the Artemis.  Their faces makes people become statues and no human can kill them with an ordinary weapon.  Now let’s go look for Morgana.”  Agrekan replied.  “Hold on, did you just say, they are known as?  It is not only one!  You mean they are more.  We are dead.”  Xeodes panicked     
                  Then Agrekan told Xeodes that there was a way he could help him save Morgana.  Therefore, Agrekan made him an ice-shield.  He could look at the Artemis and not see their face clearly, so He could not turn to a statue.  He continued to enter deeper in the forest in the western part of the vital kingdom.
Back in the kingdom of Azalea, the people were rebelling against the queen’s orders demanding that they wanted a new king.  The queen tried to calm them down by telling them that the prince had gone to save Azalea.  However, they did not accept and said that he had probably died that is why he had not yet returned.  Queen Elisa still had a feeling that her son was alive.
                  When Xeodes was searching for his sister, he had a snore behind a big bush.  He decided to check it out.  What he saw made him terrified, an Artemis was sleeping on a rock and looked as if it had come from taking a meal.  Then Xeodes thought to himself “Maybe this beast has eaten my sister.  If I attack him I will be next.”  After some seconds, Xeodes gained courage and decided to take a sneak attack.  He came closer to the beast using his ice-shield, removed his sword from the scabbard, and sliced The Artemis’ stomach into half.  What he saw made him almost vomit.  The beast had come from eating a rock.  When he saw that, He ran towards it and cut off its head but the amusing thing was that the Artemis’ head grew back again. 
                   Xeodes now knew that this was his last day; He turned around and ran as fast as he could.  The Artemis followed him.  He then saw that the Artemis was catching up to him and decided to face it.  When he was about to cut its head again, it took his sword and broke it into two.  It took a log and hit Xeodes with it.  Xeodes had nothing to defend himself with.  The only thing he could do was to defend the Artemis’ attack with his ice-shield.  The Artemis saw that it was doing nothing and grabbed his foot and threw him away.
                    When Morgana awoke because she had fainted, she found her-self on the Artemis’ shoulder.  She struggled and struggled to free herself; the Artemis took a log and hit her on her forehead, and she became unconscious.  Now Xeodes was unconscious because of how he was thrown away by the Artemis.  He found himself hanging on a tree.  He tried to come down from the tree but he fell down and got hurt on his right leg.
                      Luckily, where he fell is where the sword of thunder was.  It was not just a normal sword.  It was removing sparks by its own.  Xeodes smiled, lifted it up, and shouted “Oh yeah, the first person to ever hold a sword with sparks of lightning on it”.  He put it in the scabbard, and continued the search for Morgana.
                         After searching and searching, he finally found some foot trucks.  He followed the trucks and came to where the Artemis was.  To his surprise, it was not just one Artemis but also hundreds of them.  No matter how Xeodes had tried to kill the Artemis, it could just come back alive.  Xeodes then shouted, “I have an ice-shield and the sword of thunder.  Your moments of eating people are over monsters, your mine.  Get ready to die.”  When one of the Artemis ran towards him, he removed his sword out of the scabbard swung it, and cut off the Artemis’ head but it did not penetrate.  It scratched him at the chest and hit him.  Xeodes fell on the ground bleeding on his chest.  Looking to his left, he saw Morgana lying on the ground helplessly.  “What have you done to Morgana!” he said full of anger.  He took the sword, sliced one of the Artemis into half.  The two separated parts, fell to the ground, and became dust.
He ran towards them cutting off their heads. They were too many for him.  Xeodes fell on his knees almost giving up.  He remembered Morgana needed his help, so he shouted, “I can’t give up this easily without a serious battle.  I have fought so many people in the castle and I have defeated them and that is how I am going to defeat you.”  He took his sword and continued killing them without mercy.
                  After defeating them, he collapsed because of loosing a lot of blood.  The sword fell on Morgana and shocked her.  The shock made her come back to her senses.  Immediately she saw Xeodes lying down, she took Him and headed to their canoe.  Immediately after coming out from that place, Two Artemis came; they found their children dead.  They then saw blood.  The male Artemis sniffed it and could tell the direction of the felon.
                         The Artemis came to Azalea, started eating people and destroying the place.  Xeodes woke up and found himself in a cottage.  Next to him was his mother Queen Elisa.  Xeodes realized she was crying and asked her, “What is wrong mother?  Why are crying?  Cant you see that I am alive, so please don’t cry anymore.”  “  You went on your journey and brought us monsters.  We are under attack by monsters that when you look at them you become a statue.” she replied.  When Xeodes heard that, he immediately got out the bed he was lying on, and peeped through the window.  To his surprise, he found that the Artemis had followed them all the way to Azalea.  He grabbed his sword and ice-shield and went to face them.
                          He ran towards the male Artemis, jumped up and ready to cut it into half.  When he tried to cut it, it did not penetrate as he thought.  Then the Artemis took Xeodes’ sword and pierced him in the stomach until it penetrated half way.  Xeodes Then fell on the ground neither breathing nor moving a muscle.  When Morgana saw that, she tried to cast a spell on those two Artemis, that was to make them freeze, but she was not ready.  The two Artemis saw her and took her.