“Your sister. I'm leaving for Germany now, I'll see you in Singapore, yes?”

“Yeah, I'll be there.” I answered.

"Perfect. Don't miss me too much and you never knew maybe you won't have to. Goodbye." She said softly.

"Bye, have a safe flight." She hummed in response, before the line went dead.

Looking at the time on my phone I saw that it was 5 in the morning. Our flight didn’t leave until 10, so with nothing else to do I dropped back on the bed, falling back asleep.

-

Driving up to our house, just coming from the airport, the first thing I noticed was the front door wide open.

"Did you get an alarm?" Vera asked mom, referring to the motion sensors around the house.

"Nothing." She said opening the door as she parked the car and heading straight towards the open door.

Vera passed me a gun from the glove compartment, before taking off behind our mother, who went into the house without a weapon. 

Following behind them, just as my father and sisters pulled up I looked around not seeing them in the foyer. Quiet murmuring lead me to the kitchen.

I sighed in relief upon seeing my grandparents sitting out under the cabana, by the fountain, just outside the open sliding doors of our kitchen, playing a game of chess. 

"You left the front door open." My mother said to them, as she walked out the sliding door opposite the kitchen that led to the hallway.

"Did we? Oh well." My grandfather said smiling at her.

"I didn't see your car." I said to them, pushing the gun in my waistband.

“Orion spent the night by us, so Dion dropped us off. Couldn’t stay because he had a lunch date with Venus.” My grandmother said. 

“You get more handsome every time I see you.” She said to me as I sat in one of the chairs around the table.

"That's because he has my genes." Grampa said proudly, patting me on the back in greeting.

"Hush old man." She said, moving her chess piece and picking up one of his.

"Papa." Mom said leaning down into her father's open arms.

"It's like I'm never there when your father's around." Her mother said, scowling lightly. 

"You know I love you too mama." She answered, rolling her eyes at her comment but bends and kisses her on the cheek.

"Where are my other grandchildren?" She asked.

"Grandmother." Vera said leaning down to give her a kiss on the cheek.

"You truly are your mother's child." She said in answering, accepting the kiss.

"Finally, somebody to actually talk about my problems with." Galina said loudly, dropping into the chair across from me.

"What about us?" Dad asked her coming out and greeting mom's parents.

"You all already know all my problems and I need fresh minds to tell." She said like it was obvious.

"Where's your other half?" Grandfather asked Vera. She just shrugged, not caring at all as she moved on of grandma’s pieces.

"I'm right here." Odessa said tiredly as she leaned on dad's back, closing her eyes.

"Is my baby tired?" He asked her looking over his shoulder.

"I'm not a baby." She said her voice muffled slightly.