fuck you, terry

CONTENT WARNING(S):
> homophobic slurs
> smut

———

Mickey walked with a quick pace away from the house his dad was now living in. He didn't dare to look back to see Terry sitting on the porch in his wheelchair looking more miserable than ever. Ian chased after his husband, stopping him just outside the gate to the Gallagher house. He turned Mickey around and placed a palm on his cheek.

"I'm proud of you, Mick" he spoke, his words soft and delicate.

"I couldn't sink to his level, couldn't let myself be as bad as him." The expression on Mickey's face was nothing like Ian had ever seen before. It was a look of confusion, like the man was lost in his own mind. He noticed that Mickey hadn't been the same since his dad got shot. Even though he tried to claim that he didn't give a shit about his pathetic excuse for a father, Ian noticed the change in his husband's attitude.

"Hey" Ian said as he looked into the pale blue eyes of the man he loved, "you will always be a better person than him, okay?" At that moment, all Ian wanted to do was pull Mickey into a grazing kiss, show him just how good of a person he was, but he didn't. He knew Terry was watching them and he wanted to allow Mickey to call the shots here, so he just simply stared at his husband in a reassuring manner. But for the first time since Terry came home from the hospital, Mickey pulled Ian into a passionate kiss. He knew his dad was watching, maybe that's why he wanted to kiss the Gallagher even harder, just to show his dad how much he loved this man.

Mickey pulled away after a few moments, placing his hand on the side of Ian's neck and stroking his smooth freckled skin with his thumb. "I love you" he spoke softly, a mild grin plastered on his face.

"I love you too, Mick" Ian replied. The men just stared at each other for a second like the world had stopped. Nobody else was there; not Terry, not their neighbours, not even the random people walking down the street. It was just them, together. Before they could allow the serenity of the moment sink in, Terry had already begun to make his opinions on the matter clear.

"Fucking homos" he shouted, the anger only showing on his face (which wasn't unusual considering the fact that he was paralysed from the neck down). "Pole smokin' queers, I'll fucking kill you!"

The soft expression that had taken over Mickey's face was now replaced by an unreadable look to anyone but Ian. Ian knew his husband well enough to know that the look on his face right now was of pure rage.

"Alright, tough guy. Come and fucking kill us then, pops" he yelled back, removing himself from Ian's embrace and walking towards the house his father had taken over. "You can't do shit. You are fucking paralysed, Terry. So go ahead, threaten to kill me, it's not like you can do shit all about it."

Ian watched as the man he loved called out his dad for all the shit he was saying. He was proud, proud that Mickey was finally defending himself and standing up to his piece of shit father.

"How'd I end up with such a fucking faggot of a son?" Terry spat back. Mickey let out a short chuckle at his father's words.

"You know what? Fuck you, Terry. Maybe if you had of gotten some good dick in your life you would be less of an asshole" Mickey shot back. He could hear Ian cough loudly to cover his laughter. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go get fucked senseless by my husband" he grinned before turning around and walking back towards Ian who stood there with a questionable look on his face. But who was he to judge, it's not like he was going to complain about fucking Mickey, even if it was just to piss his dad off. Mickey grabbed Ian's arm and pulled him in the direction of the Gallagher house. To their luck, the house was empty.