"Okay, V. Fair enough." He says, and pulls me into a hug. I know I should be scared of him or at least weary of him. But what he said makes sense, the coke is changing him.

And I think I'm the only person in his life who'd care enough to help him.

We part, he walks away with his "friends" and I walk towards mine.

"You okay?" Kie questions, ushering Pope and JJ from the fire.

"Yeah, fine." I respond.

I look to JJ, who gives me a harsh look, then turns away. I follow behind the group, walking away from the scene.

______

The next Morning, John still hadn't turned up. Kie and Pope slept at home, which left JJ alone at the chateau, so I slept at home as well, not wanting to be around him.

It was now about midday, and we had all met back up at Heyward's. Kie picked me up, stopping at The Wreck for breakfast. Her father officially offered me a job performing there. He told me no strict hours, just to come in when I wanted to or needed some extra cash, which I appreciated.

I kept my head down, focusing on my rings. My mind wondering to Rafe, I wanted to help him, I did, but at the same time I was scared.

I hated his friends and the people he surrounds himself with, but I know he won't change that. Drug addictions aren't easy, obviously, and I wasn't qualified to help him beat it. I didn't know how, but I knew no one else in his life would care to either. They probably didn't even notice how much he's changed, or care either way.

"Don't let it get in your head bro," JJ says to Pope, "There's three of them and two of us. That's some typical look shit right there."

I roll my eyes at his statement. As much as I hated Rafe's friends, JJ and Pope weren't innocent either. Rafe had a point, JJ has been pulling guns on them and looking for trouble. Should Topper have jumped Pope? Obviously not. But should Pope have sunk his expensive ass new boat? Also no. They were all just too caught up in this kooks vs pouges bullshit to realize they're all being destructive and stupid, and none of this had to happen in the first place.

Heyward catches my attention, bringing me out of my thoughts, saying someone's here to see Pope.

"Evening, officer." Pope says, noticing the sheriff. I feel my stomach drop, knowing exactly what's going to happen. I share a look with Kie, who looks just worried.

JJ jumps off his seat on the counter, going closer to Pope.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." The officer states. Pope looks back at JJ, who keeps his face stone cold. I try walking towards Pope, but JJ's arm stops me, keeping me behind him with Kie. "Hands where I can see them."

I push past JJ's arm, going up to the officer.

"Young lady out of my way.."

"Officer- you don't understand. This is a misunderstanding -" I try, hoping he would listen and I could somehow play this off as self defense. Although I knew that was near impossible. Sinking a boat isn't self defense, even if Topper and Kelce smashed Pope's face with a golf club.

"Whoa, Shoupe. What'd he do?" Heyward says.

"Look at the warrant." Was the officers only response.

"You're arresting him?"

"You're just arresting my boy?"

I look back at JJ, who's pacing now, I know he's thinking of what to do, but none of us know.

"Anything you say can and will be held against you..." the officer states, putting cuffs around Pope.

"How much did they pay you, man?" JJ says.

"You have the right to an attorney.." Shoupe continues, ignore all the comments being thrown his way.

He begins walking Pope out to the police car, and panic sets in. I have to do something, Pope has too much to lose. I wish John were here because he'd know exactly what to do.

JJ continues pushing at the cop, arguing with him. At one point he pushed him, but Heyward held him back.

I have to do something.

"Officer, it wasn't Pope ! It wasn't Pope!" I speak up, diverting the attention to myself.

"It was me!" I say.

"And why the hell would you sink Topper Thornton's boat?" Shoupe questions.

"She wouldn't." JJ speaks up. "Pope and Vienna are good kids, you know where I'm from."

"JJ don't, I can do this-" I say

"Shut up, Vienna. I'm not letting you take the blame." JJ cuts off "This was all me. I was sick of those kooks, they had just jumped Pope, and I acted out of emotion, I was the one that sunk Toppers boat."

"What are you doing..." Pope questions.

"I'm telling the truth. For once in my life I'm telling the fucking truth." He speaks, I run my hands through my hair, tugging at the roots. "I took his old mans boat too."

"What the hell" Heyward questions.

"JJ, come on-" I say, hoping I could get JJ to stop.

"Just shut up, Vienna! I'm not letting you and Pope take the blame for something I did!"

"That's the whole truth?" Shoupe asks.

"Whole truth, swear to god." JJ responds, looking at Pope.

"I know what you think, damnit. I'm asking these two." He says, pointing between Pope and I.

I look at Pope, and watch as he looks at JJ. JJ gives him a subtle nod. Then Pope looks at me, I just stare back.

"Yeah, that about covers it." Pope mumbles, feeling defeated.

JJ silently nods, biting his lip to hold back what seems to be tears. I feel my stomach sink, I'm pissed that he took the blame, I know he has no way out of this, and no way of fixing this.

I watch the car slowly pull away, and let tears fall myself.

"Fuck!" I yell. "Fuck!"

Pope is stood frozen, looking at where the car once was, not moving.

"Vienna-" Kie starts, but I'm already running.

I continue to run until I get to my end point.

The Cameron's.