Chapter 1: The Vampire's Lore

Start from the beginning

Pillowing through the hallway, I exit into a four-way path of hallways. Pictures lined on the walls, along with short tables with vases filled with flowers. The laundry room which I was seeking was straight across from the hall that my room was in.

Through an antique-looking wooden door at the end of the hall led to a room with white walls. Several washing machines and driers were placed in. This was the goal I intended to reach with my sheets—the laundry room.

A woman with black hair, a navy-blue collared knee-length dress with a white apron stood looking at me. She was one of our current maids to assist in our daily lives. Not to mention one I could trust with my current predicament.

The maid swiftly took hold of the sheets I currently held and put them in the nearby empty washer.

"I see the problem still persists, my lady," the maid spoke with a curtsy.

"Unfortunate, but that does seem to be the case," I sighed. "Thanks for your help, Miranda."

"Of course, you can count on me to help lady Viki!" Miranda replied enthusiastically. However, her look of enthusiasm vanished into a head tilt. "Should I make mentions to the headmistress?"

The "headmistress" Miranda was referring to was my mother. Though it could make my life easier, I already made my decision the second I arose from my chambers.

"No, I chose to make her aware of the dilemma myself."

"Ah, quite mature, I see," Miranda smirked. "Well, if you'd require my assistance, do give me a call. Perhaps I can help you change from the current attire?"

Looking down showcased the wet-stained knee-length white nightgown with some details around the skirt. It was clear I should have changed out of them. "Nah, I prefer to showcase the evidence," I twirled my hand in the air.

"Alright, well, I wish you the best of luck. Oh, I should tell you she's in the main hall right now."

"Thanks, Miranda. I shall go reveal the truth to my mother now then. Though, I'm not sure how to get her alone..."

"Ah, here, let me assist you with that." After making her statement, Miranda wrapped me with a pink blanket. "This should hide you from the others from knowing."

I smiled, looking up to her calm crimson eyes, "Thanks!" With a quick wave and an exchange of curtsy's, I exited the laundry.

The main hall was several more corridors and stairs down to reach. This was currently the most enormous estate mansion my family-owned. Even though it wasn't as big as our primary home, I still found it rather pleasant. This estate served its purposes rather well to my family every year around this time—of October.

Once I reached the mansion's main hall, I could spot a woman with a full-length navy-blue dress. This dress had floral embroidery on the collar, a pair of sleeves that streamed below the waist, blonde hair well below her shoulders—my charming mother. My mother was currently directing a few of our maids on how to "decorate" the place. At least, how to decorate it to her vision. The decoration was getting prepared for the month's event in October—Halloween. Unlike humans having a spooky atmosphere with cobwebs, tombstones, and monsters, we vampires dapper the location with silky white drapes and celebratory flowers. There are other kinds of accessories that go into play. Still, it goes into our celebration of Halloween that vastly differs from mere mortals.

Clamoring my way towards the top of the regal rug-covered stairs, my mother looked in my direction. I was glad she did too, as any closer, and I'm sure the maids would be able to smell my accident.