twenty-three; the best friend

So I think I'm never going to tell my dad (or anyone) about Peter...about me.

Flash left a few minutes ago and the awkward conversation with my dad is finally starting to hit me. I'm currently writing this in the bathroom because I feel myself starting to lose it and I have to distract myself. Also Peter hasn't texted or called me back, and seeing that whole ordeal on the news has got me so worried. Then again, he's Spider-Man. He has to be okay. Right? Yeah of course he is, he's probably just busy dealing with the aftermath...focus, Nico, you're ranting about your dad here. Peter will be okay.

But back to my dad. I knew he'd be like this but part of me was hoping he wouldn't be. I thought if I were to tell him about me and Peter it'd for sure make him mad, but I don't want him to hate me. I don't want anyone to hate me. Oh god, especially not Flash.

Because what if my dad does end up resenting me? I'll probably get over it in time. You know, like find my own 'found family' or some shit like that in the movies. But my best friend? How do you even move on from that? How do you move on from a person who's been by your side through every good and bad thing that's happened to you so far in your life?

He was there when I lost my first tooth. I was there when he lost his. (Okay, yes I know we both purposely ripped out our teeth, but that was only so we could hunt the tooth fairy that night. It still counts.) We started elementary, middle and high school together. I was there whenever his parents were off on business trips, and he was there whenever I was seconds away from exploding because I was freaking out too much. I call him a dick sometimes but honestly, I love that idiot and I can't imagine my life without him. Wait, maybe I'm just as much of a dick as him and I just don't know it? No? Maybe? No.

But if one day I finally get the courage to tell you, Flash, please don't hate me. I need you. Also you need me because I'm the only person who can put up with you. We're puzzle pieces!