12: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Subconsciously, Rui reaches for his throat.

The Demon Lord widened his eyes, "Decapitate them? You must kill them?"

"My demons are merciless killers, and if they willingly reject their humanity to become a Misguided Soul... The chances of them turning over a new leaf is zero," You inform, "They're Misguided Souls for a reason, they had their chance to become better, and they refused it."

"What would happen if you killed a demon here?" Rui says, "They're already dead, what would happen to them?"

Barbatos frowns, "No one knows."

"If a resident saw you-a human-kill a demon, it would cause an uproar," Diavolo says.

"Obviously I wouldn't just kill a Misguided Soul in front of a crowd. If I can help it, I'd rather do it privately. Like um..." You smile after a moment, "Like a vigilante in the dark of night. Maybe after curfew is when I can seek them out and look for them. But... If there's an incident where the Misguided Soul causes trouble in public, I can't hesitate to do my job."

You can sense the hesitation with Diavolo, and you don't blame him.

A strange human girl from another universe comes to tell you she has to kill a selected few of your people in order to keep everyone else safe... sounds extremely sketchy.

"I understand this is a very out of the ordinary request. But please understand, as a Demon Slayer, I can't just sit by and do nothing when there's a possibility that my demons are causing despair when my back is turned," You frown, "I won't pretend that I understand the dilemma I'm putting you through. But please believe me when I say I don't have bad intentions. This is my field of work, my expertise. And this is what I feel is right to do for everyone involved."

Diavolo looks over to Barbatos, then to Lucifer. He can't sense discrepancies in your tone, meaning you're not lying. And it's not like you're enjoying the idea of having to kill, this is just something you have to do.

Besides, if you really did have bad intentions, there would be no way Barbatos would've kept quiet about it. If anything were to happen, Diavolo is more than capable of putting a stop to it.

Diavolo stands up, motioning with his hand for you to stand as well. He makes his way around the desk to stand in front of you.

"[Y/n] [L/n], for the duration of your stay, however long that may be, you have my verbal agreement and permission to seek out Misguided Souls. You may decapitate only the Misguided Souls who were once the man-eating demons you knew. Preferably, this is to be done after curfew, but understandable if it's an unavoidable confrontation in public with witnesses." Diavolo holds out his hand, "On three conditions, however."

You were reaching for his hand, but pulled away at the last second: "Which are?"

Diavolo holds his hand up to count with his fingers, "One: you are to allow two other companions to join you. Me, and Solomon."

"My Lord, are you sure?"

"Solomon? You can't be serious."

"Barbatos, Lucifer." Diavolo addresses them, "I have my own reasons why I request for Solomon. But ultimately, humans are more likely to draw out demons from hiding. A powerful, human, sorcerer like Solomon would be beneficial to us to draw the power-hungry souls specifically."

"I'm fine with that," You said before the other two demons could comment, "But to have Solomon help would mean-"

Diavolo holds up a second finger, "-My second condition: would be to tell Solomon who you are. Though, I'd still like to keep that fact you're from another dimension a secret."