Chapter 1. Who is Lucilline Rubius

Start from the beginning

"Father requested for me to pick up a product. He will have a new item in his jewelry collection." Lucilline hummed. He leaned against a beige wall, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Is it another finished product of the store?" Willow questioned.

"Yes." Lucilline answered readily. "Father ordered for one of those expensive quartz earrings. They sell at a price of eighty silver ingots."

Willow's jaw had dropped wide open. "Eighty silver ingots? Has Duke Rubius gone crazy?"

"It just proves how obsessed he is with his collections." Lucilline was frank. He doesn't even let off his father when finding a person to complain about. "We'll leave right away. I don't want to waste time laundering around." His face doesn't change when remarking such straightforward words.

Duke Rubius, his father, was one of the three Grand Dukes in Lydia Kingdom. He was an important figure, for he serves the higher ups. If he were to get into any sort of accident, the public would feel endangered.

"Would Young Master like me to prepare the ingots?" Willow's face would scrunch up whenever she remembered just how expensive those earrings cost.

"Yes." Lucilline spoke. He moved towards the closet, slipping a swallowtail coat down from the hangar. A strange light brewed in his golden pair of eyes. Dressed in the black and white swallowtail coat, Lucilline suddenly gained an appearance of superiority.

It made it difficult for Willow to joke around him. She could barely suppress the respect struck in her every bone and marrow.

"I will be waiting outside the manor." Willow quickly admitted to a familiar tactic, running out from the bedroom. The door closed.

Lucilline's eyebrows raised before lowering again. He retained an indifferent expression across his peerless face, his golden pupils swept to look at the corner of his room. In one corner was a small wooden table. It sat lonely, its four edges scrutinized of cheap quality. However, what sat on it was of utmost high caliber.

On top of the table was a vase. Historical patterns were painted across the surface, making it appear utterly precious. Laying inside the vase was a red spider lily.

The flower had dainty crimson red petals, which seemed to extend outwards for recognition.

Lucilline stared blankly at the red spider lily. He quickly saluted, his back ramrod straight and professional. Strung across his wrist, a bracelet of a copper bell rung twice before settling down.

*****

"This is the jewelry store." Willow declared.

Lucilline stopped before a high-rise cobblestone building, with its sign written of the words "Daring's Jewels". The glass pane double doors were scrubbed clean, enough to become entirely transparent. The entire building gave off a strange radiance that seemed to demand only wealthy people could enter.

A frown played on Lucilline's face. His father really had no restraints when picking stores.

"Let's enter." Shrugging off the complaints in his heart, Lucilline stepped forwards. Willow had pushed open the doors for him, so the latter walked in nonchalantly.

Looking around, the store contained several displays of jewelry.

There were rubbed shine necklaces, pendants, bracelets, earrings, and etc. The entire store was basically a displayer of jewelry. At the back was the counter, lead by an extravagant red carpet. Scrutinizing the entire setting, Lucilline's eyebrows twitched from dissatisfaction. Did any of the store's customers ever complain that the building was too sparkly!?! How did his father even end up learning about this place?