Omkara felt a lump in his throat and he almost cried at what Arvind just told him. In the corner of his heart, deep below all the hurtful things his own father had done, all the hatred that he had for the man, Omkara did miss having a father figure around. True, his Chote Papa was there, but the man was more of a silent spectator. Listening to Arvind right now, made him want to hug the man, which he did, making everyone smile warmly as he called the man 'Papa'. A sentimental Rudra even blew his nose loudly, making everyone scrunch their noses.

Arvind said still hugging Omkara, "I wish I could say to you, 'Welcome to the Sharma family', but the truth is, ever since we've met, you've always been a part of our family." Omkara pulled away from the hug, with tears in his eyes, as he whispered, "Thank you... Papa!" Arvind smiled at him happily as he wiped Omkara's cheeks too, touched by the fact that he couldn't stop calling him 'Papa'. The man in front of him was still a little boy at heart, yearning for unconditional love and acceptance from his father. Arvind vowed to himself to always be that father figure in his life, as he lightly patted Omkara's cheek

Looking at the two of them, Arvind then said, "Seeing my daughter looking so happy, beautiful and radiant is such an amazing feeling, but it is also a reminder that she is all grown-up. Although, for me, she will always remain my little girl – the very same one whom I first carried in my arms at the hospital the day she was born."

Gauri sniffed as she cried, while Omkara too smiled. Everyone present there had tear-glazed eyes. Cupping her face, Arvind kissed her forehead, saying, "Today, you begin a new chapter in your life, and starting now, you will have your husband to whom you'll turn to, for everything in life. But I want you to know that as your Papa, I will always be there for you." Gauri nodded, smiling through her tears. Looking at Omkara, Arvind said with a smile, "Gauri is the most beautiful bride I've ever seen since her mother, all those years ago!" While everyone chuckled, Shalini almost blushed as she beat her husband's arm, mumbling, "Kuch bhi bolte hain aap sab ke saamne!" Arvind smiled as he looked at his wife lovingly.

Then, with a final word of blessing, Arvind said to both of them, "Beta, a successful marriage is not about finding a person you can live with, but finding a person that you can't live without and I know you've found that with each other. May you both always be happy, and someday, God willing, I hope you have the fortune of giving away your daughter's hand in marriage to a man she chooses!" Omkara smiled in awe at him. He had the knack of saying the simplest things in the most profound way. "Khayal rakhna, apna aur iska" he said, exchanging a meaningful glance at Omkara, who nodded in an equally emotional manner.

"Arvind Bhaisahab," Pinky spoke up, making everyone's heads turn towards her. With a smile, she said in her usually contemptuous tone, "Hum understands kar sakte hain aapki tensions ko. Ab betiyan toh hoti hi hai paraya dhan. Saari zindagi Maa-Baap daughters ko paal-pos kar bada karte hain, phir shaadi hote hi usko vidaah karte hain... Sach kahun? Too much emotionals hai. Lekin, bhaisahab, Gauri toh aayi hi hai iss duniya mein hamare Omkara ke liye, aur aap Omkara ki amanat ko usko hi without worries saunp rahe hain." Pausing for a moment, she said in a sly tone, "Aur khush aapki beti rahegi hi; raaj jo karegi apne raeez sasural mein. Oberoi khaandaan ki bahu jo ban gayi ab!" Omkara frowned at that and gave a pointed stare at Shivaay who was about to reprimand his mother for speaking unnecessarily.

While Shalini was flustered at that comment, Arvind simply smiled, saying in an extremely polite tone, "Pinky ji, that is your thought and I respect your point of view, lekin meri soch thodi alag hai." Although Shalini tried to ask him not to say anything to their daughter's in-laws, Arvind couldn't refrain from giving it back. After all, he wasn't a fool to not notice her desperate attempts to try to embarrass the Sharma family.