Chapter 3

The sky is heavily clouded. I think it's going to rain soon. I keep looking at the sky from the window of my class. I love the sky. I love painting the sky. I wished it was art class instead of my architecture class. I sigh.

"I smell depression in the air!"

I startle, hearing Louis's voice. Louis is the only person I know in this class. We have become really good friends in no time. Louis is warm, funny, and self-effacing, has a loud, theatrical voice, and swears like a trooper. Also, he loves his girlfriend, endlessly.

"Hi Louis," I say.

"What is it Luv? You sound so low!" Louis remarks, taking a seat beside me.

I look out of the window, stating "I wished it was my art class so that I could paint the sky..."

"Fascinated towards art?" Louis asks.

"Yes very much!" I smile at him.

"Then you are doing all my sketches" He grins.

In architecture, we need to have a very deft hand in drawing. I nod and laugh at him.

After the class, it was lunchtime. Louis and I were on our way to the canteen when we meet Eleanor. Louis leaves with her somewhere and now it's just me walking alone. Nowadays Tracey always sticks to Liam so we hardly meet. I hope she doesn't forget me anytime soon.

I enter the canteen but find no familiar faces. I take a seat at a corner but didn't even feel like eating anything. I was hungry but I was more annoyed. Has everybody forgotten me?

"Hi"

"Oh hi, Niall!" I smile at him.

I relate to Niall so much. He is the one left out in the crowd, just like me, and he walks alone most of the time.

"Have you seen Tracey? I thought she was with you." Niall asks.

"No Niall. Tracey is probably with Liam" I reply.

"Oh I see...so are you here all by yourself ?"

"Yes," I say blankly.

"Tracey asked me for some notes. Yesterday I was up all night arranging those for her."

"And today she is nowhere to be seen" I cross my arms.

Niall gives me a shy smile.

"You can give the notes to me. I will give her. She stays next door."

"Okay! See you later then. I have got some work now. Have a nice day" Niall hands me a file and exits.

Even after making friends, I don't feel like I have any. Tracey is with her boyfriend. Louis is with his girlfriend. Niall has important work. I haven't even seen Zayn all day. I feel so low. I have my art class after lunch but it's already raining outside so I can't paint the sky anymore.

Suddenly I hear my name called. I walk towards the counter and the man hands me a strawberry milkshake.

"Excuse me, I didn't order any milkshake. I think there has been some mistake" I imply.

"We checked it, ma'am. The order is by your name." The man replied.

I take the milkshake and turn around to find Zayn sitting on the chair opposite mine. Okay, so it's him.

"Thanks for the milkshake, Mr Malik. But I am still annoyed." I grin.

"Milkshake? What milkshake? I did not order any milkshake" Zayn sounds confused.

"Then who ordered this?" I ask, my eyes wide open.

"Ahhhh, you got a secret lover I see!" Zayn teases me.