Broken Cup

Rains patters softly over the roof making a pleasant sound across the apartment hall. She opens the door and stumbles to get in. She keeps giggling every time she almost trips her feet, in her hand is a phone connecting with someone else.

"It was fun babe." a hoarse voice coming through the phone sound as drunk as her. She chuckled and uttered, "Me too love." As she disconnects the phone and focuses on taking her shoes off, a silhouette appeared across the room. She being half drunk; tense as she walked across the hallway.

When she reaches the end, what she ended up seeing bring her into laughter. Her eyes shine in delight seeing him a smile decorated in her face as she keeps staring over him. There is a guy about 6 feet tall sleeping peacefully on her bed. Chuckles run through her mouth.

She goes to him and starts running her fingers through his smooth locks. Cue the pleasant hum out of his mouth. She looks over his face which somehow glows under the dark, only supported by small lights from the big window.

"Wake up, you sleepyhead," she said while smiling. The man opens his eyes, giving her a perfect teeth smile and pulled her into a hug. Giving her a chances to smell her favourite scent, 'lavender with vanilla' taking a quick sniff as she relaxed. "Since when?" he asked. "Since 5 minutes ago." she snorts. Laughter surrounds the entire room making the gloomy night turns bright.

The man cuddles over her and keeps on staring into her eyes. Her eyes shine under a dim light giving a lively look. [How much he adores those eyes whenever she starts rolling it or every time she scrunch her nose whenever she gets mad.] "What?" she giggles. [Ah─ her laughter also tickling his ears] "I want to keep [all of] this...graved in my mind," he mumbles softly as he kept on staring.

"Then you better keep on staring cause I can't always be with you," her response makes him stunned. Guilts trip into her heart making her look at the ground. "That's.. true..." those word strained as he spoke.

"Was it fun? Did you hangout with others" he simply ask hiding his pain. "I did, it was fun" she spoke almost into whispers. "I did hangout with men in particular" as she tries to remove the heavy feeling in her heart.

'You're not mine... not anymore..' run through his mine as his eyes started to swells up and about to burst into tears. He tried to look into her eyes as if searching for an answer. "You.. are not ... mine anymore... right.." he uttered as he look straight into her eyes. Pain and guilt painted in his eyes trying to see if she felt the same.

[Is she in pain like me? Or she felt the same as me? What should I─]

His train of thought were stop by a hug. "Let's just go back to sleep..." she said trying to look happy. "Will you be happy after this?" as those word run through his mouth. She stunned for a second and look into his eyes as if she waited for those word. Those heavy words to came out of his mouth.

"Yes" she smiles brightly. Somehow those word felt so heavy but slowly lifted from her heart. She wonder what is that feelings─ Yes, her heart has already know the answer even if she not once trying to accept it. Relief, yes. That's what she felt, she couldn't lie about it anymore.

"Yes... yes. I promised I will be happy" she smiles but this time with confidence. He chuckles and pull her into a hug but this time she also cling into him. "Well then princess, it's about a time for you to go to sleep" he voice out in a singing motion making her giggles in his arm. As he about to lulled to sleep, she began to cry. She sobbed with hands over her mouth as she tries not to wake him up. "I can't... I don't know if I can be happy..." softly she cried in her sleep.

"Wake up you sleepyhead"[you need to wake up] his gentle voice echoes into her ears. She opens her eyes seeing his face right in front of her, smiling brightly. "What with that face...what make you so happy sweetheart" he asking in a soft manner. She giggles replying with "I just had a sweet dream that I wish not to wake up."

His eyes turn wide and smiles, "Really? Well I'm sure you deserve all the extra time to sleep for all of the work hard you had done this past weeks" he whispers into you. Thus as she about to fall back, she heard he said in a tender voice "but at the end, you need to wake up love... I love you" Before she could reply her view went dark.

Softly as she open her eyes─ What she see almost brings her back into tears. Next to her was nothing but bunch of clothes . [Ah, I hope he remembered.. he always do...he should remember.. he would never forget about it...] . As those thought runs into her head, her starts bursting into tears. Tears running on her face, swelling her eyes up

.

.

"baby! surprise!" his laughter blasted across the room.

.

[he never forget] even I tried to

.

.

"babe! I bought your favourite flowers" smiles display over his face making everything looks bright.

.

[he always remember]

.

.

"I'm sorry for being late" he cried. "how about I make it back up? Dinner date at your favourite place?" he smiles even if he looks tired.

.

[even after he died]

.

.

'How am I supposes to be happy? If you're not here... I can't reach you'

[he still didn't forget]

.

.

sweet lavender mix with vanilla spread the whole apartment

accompanied with sleeping pills scattered the floor

.

.

"I... failed again" she spoke monotonously.

[you want me to survive that badly?]

.

.

.

.

In her hand is an old card with bloods over it.

"Happy Birthday my love "

- from your beloved soon-to-be husband

-THE END-