It's Hard to Let Go

"Dear, you've got a letter." My old landlady hands me a white envelope.

"Thanks a lot auntie!" I bow to her as a sign of respect.

"Ohh, look at your friends! It's so nice to have them around." Mrs. Cheon points the direction.

I chuckle when I see Woohyun and Kibeom hitting each other while on their way to my apartment's gate.

"Yes, auntie. If not for them, I will not be able to survive in life. I'm thankful that I met them. They are just like an angel in disguise to me."

The old lady smiles. "They are. For how many years have you been friends?"

"Us? Hmm.... For five years since the first time I arrive here? But the two of them are friends since they were small since they are just neighbors."

"Oh, I see. I notice them when they were young too. That's when my husband and I just visit this place before. It's good to see that they grow up well and handsome."

I laugh at the last description. "Yes. Yes."

Mrs. Cheon looks at me seriously after a short while. "You must be having a hard time choosing as to who of them you will choose."

I blink my eyes a couple of times. I frown when I feel a bit of confusion. I shake my head and hands when I realize what she means. "Oh no! Auntie, please don't get us wrong. We are just friends!"

"Really? But I don't think so." Mrs. Cheon stares at the boys who are already standing in front of the gate. "They both love you more than just a friend." She whispers before she bids goodbye.

I shake my head as I try to get rid of the ridiculous idea. It seems to me that it is impossible to happen.

"Kibeommie! Woohyunie!" I give them a bear hug. "Are they foods?" I peek on the plastics that they are holding. I hear them laughing loudly.

"Tsskk! Really?!" Kibeom ruffles my hair. "You really have a big appetite!"

I pout at him. "Big brother, look at Kibeommie. He is messing my hair." I use my cute eyes as I report it to Woohyun.

"Ya, why are you bullying our princess Kibeom?" Woohyun smiles widely at me. They are both 3 years older than me.

I stick out my tongue to Kibeom and give Woohyun a thumbs up when I see Kibeom hissing.

Kibeom rolls his eyes. "You're spoiling her Woohyun."

"Me being spoiled by Woohyunnie makes me love him more. So... You should be good to me Kibeommie so that I will love you more too." I grin, not noticing Kibeom's sudden quietness.

I hold Woohyun's arm and when I notice Kibeom not talking anymore, I poke him at the side and holds his arm too, making me the center of them. "But of course, I love you too Kibeommie." I giggle. "Let's get inside okay? I'm so hungry." I drag them both towards inside.

*****

"Minah, please?" Kibeom looks at me with puppy eyes.

"Ya!!! You know that I'm not used to parties Kibeommie?! Why don't you invite other girls to be your partner?!" I pout at him. I really hate to go to parties.

"Please? Please? Please? I don't have a lot of girl-friends. You know that they will only take advantage if I do so right? Besides, you don't have to worry as to what you are going to wear. I'll provide you." He blinks his eyes, making himself look so cute.

"A big NO for that. I'm sorry."

He sighs frustratingly. "Okay. I won't force you. Next time then." He looks so sad.