Chapter 29: the siblings

Start from the beginning

You run back towards the noises, "Where is Zemo?" You ask Steve as he walked to get his fallen shield, he looked up to see a beaten-down Sharon and rushed to help her. You pull her to your side "NO!" He looks at you confused. 

"What?"

"She isn't what you think she is, she was the hydra, well she is the power broker, but yeah." You looked at his confused eyes as they watched her and you. "She is behind all of this." The confusion and worry in his were replaced with anger. He was about to get to her but you stood in the way, "We have to let Tony, and the government takes care of her. Now we just have to focus on Zemo, and Nagel" You said as you placed her down to the side. Steve took a second to calm down "I found the doctor and sent him to the jet, we are still trying to find Zemo, we believe he has escaped." He said taking Sharon "I will get her to the jet, you, Nat, and Tony fine Zemo," He said as he walked away with Sharon. 

"Tony, you have eyes on Zemo?" You called into the intercom. 

"No, but I can see a group of people huddled together under the level you guys are on." 

"What no, I just came from there, there was no one there." You said as you walked towards the door that leads to the stairwell, Nat a considerable distance behind, as you tried to slowly reach the door, 

"No, don't!" Tony yelled. That was the last you heard, you saw a blurred vision of Nat running towards you than black. 

*On the jet*

You were laying across the seats with a blank on you, you looked up to see Bucky sitting with your head on his lap, with his hand gently stroking your hair. You didn't want to wake him, you tried to slowly get up, but the silent groan as you tried to walk woke him. 

"Hey!" He said as he tried to rube the restless off his face. "You're up!" Bucky said getting up. 

"Yeah! Oh my god, I am sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up. I know you're probably very tired-" He shut your rumbling with a gentle, sweet kiss. "Okay!" you smiled into his lips. 

"God, you two! Get a room" Sam said walking over to us. 

"We did have the room, Sam. Before you came that is" You rolled your eye. 

"Wow, I see how it is, your ex comes back and you forget your current boyfriend" Sam smirked. You could feel Bucky tense up by the comment. His smile disappeared, and his face tightened up, if you didn't interfere he would punched the shit out of Sam. "No, what, come on Sam, stop messing around." You turned to Bucky "We aren't dating," recurring him, "I would never date Sam. He is like my brother" You turned to Sam and shot him a death stare. As you looked at Sam, Bucky slid his hands around your waist, holding you closer to him, almost like a shield. Something about his grip was different, it wasn't gentle, it just felt different, like he was trying to holding on to his life. It sent chills down your back, his rigid touch even made you jerk a little bit. You hoped he didn't see it, but when you turned around to see him, you saw the disappointment in his eyes. How he has scared you. "Hey! I am sorry, it's just-" You looked into his ocean eyes, "It's been so long since-, and I " You fumbled your words trying not to look into his eye. "I" You looked up to see his face again, "I can't believe I finally have you back," You said as you leaned into him for a hug. He took a second then pulled you in closer. "I got you" He whispered into your ear, sending chills down your back.

"Again, guys! Come one" Sam yelled closing his eyes. "Are you two done, please tell me you're done, I can't bear this anymore!" He said peeking through his hands. "Anyway, I came here to tell you that coke can is calling you" he pointed to you, then looked over at Bucky behind you, "you can come you since you clearly can't leave her side." He sighed and ran out before Bucky got him.