In your arms...

The cold night felt warm to him. His pillow was fluffy but hard at the same time. The sandalwood scent which filled his nostrils whole night lulled him into a sense of security and love. He opened his eyes and found himself in the embrace of his lover, who was securing his body in his arms, protecting him from all the humiliation and beatings. He smiled and burrowed himself more but soon his mind went jumbled when waves of wind passed around him blowing his long hairs. He felt more disoriented when he heard the sound of water splashing and bubbling.

He pulled back and saw a pair of golden eyes, staring into his with a small smile on the lips below

He pulled back and saw a pair of golden eyes, staring into his with a small smile on the lips below. On the view of the latter's breathtaking smile, which shined the flawless face of his lover by hundered times more, wei ying's lips automatically curved upwards. He noticed his surroundings and realised they were still near the lotus pond and Lan zhan hugged and stroked his hairs and back throughout the night.

"Lan er gege broke a gusu rule for me. You didn't sleep whole night." He teased him and was about to get up when lan zhan grabbed him again.

"This is not gusu wei ying." He said while looking down but his strong hold on wei ying's waist didn't loose.

"Aren't you tired? Why didn't you wake me up or why didn't you carry me to my bed? Your legs and hands must be numb now."

"I did carried you back to your room. But you started crying in your sleep as soon as i was about to leave so i brought you here again."

"Ahh forgive me my prince. And now let me go, you must be tired".

"No"

"Lan zhan. It's still very early in the morning. Take me back to my room. We will sleep more"

"Mn"

***

Later in the meeting:-
(Hall name:- indestructible and invincible)

"We should just launch a war and destroy those wens completely." Jin guangshan, the sect leader of lanling Jin clan and father of Jin zixuan adviced.

"Yes the jin sect leader is right. When we all are here, then what's the need to be fearful of anyone?" Nie mingjue, the sect leader of qinghe nie clan agreed with guangshan and clutched his blade. "That Wen Chong killed my parents covertly. I have to take revenge for their wrongful death so that they both can rest in peace."

"I understand what happened with your parents was wrong and cruel but they have done similar things to many of us here. We can't go with the flow, or take decisions without thinking of their consequences. Wens are very cunning and they must have some trick up their sleeves, that we of course don't have any idea about. If we keep arguing like this then there will be no solution like yesterday. We should think with a calm mind first" Lan xichen or zewujun, elder heir of gusu spoke with his calm voice.