The beatings and tears

"What did Hanguang jun saw in that lowly, useless and vicious scum." A woman was spewing poison from her mouth referring to her foster son whom she never accepted as one, tortured him brutually, beating his soul with her discipline whip 'zidian' everytime on his smallest and unintended mistakes.

Everytime she replaces and adds his old whip marks with new ones, the poor boy always loses a huge amount of his blood and spiritual energy but he bites the sleeves of his thick black robes so that a single whimper and cry would never leave his mouth and as a result she never stops. When asked, he always smiled and said that he was perfectly fine, no matter if his bones were cracked and his body pained like hell but he always gave the same response. In her eyes the vicious and cunning wei ying was still an unruly and ungrateful child who deserved to be a servant of her family.

"WIFE ..how many times do I have to tell you to stop cussing him and calling him names. He is my child. He is my best friend's son." Jiang fengmian, the clan leader of the great Yunmeng sect snapped at her wife Madam Yu.

"Huh...the best friend whose clan got annihilated and dispersed years ago and you spent half of your lifetime cultivation to save his cursed son and now you are planning to take revenge from wens for him. I see what's so great about that brat. He deserves to die. I wonder why that bastard didn't die with his family " She yelled and clenched her fists.

"WIFE" Jiang fengmian warned and raised his hands but stopped it in mid-air. His hands trembled as he was about to slap his beloved wife for the first time. Realising what he was about to do, he took a deep breath and retreated his hand.

"It's not just for him. Those wens are plotting against all the minor and major clans to annihilate them the way they did to 'wei qiang' clan years ago. They have enough forces, support and armors now to wipe everything out of the world. We can't just sit and watch the history repeating itself once again, this time with more destruction and irreparable losses." He said while gritting his teeth, pouring all his anger and disappointment he felt on his wife.

Madam yu's eyes went wide when her own husband raised his voice and hand on her. Tears of hate, revenge and resentment started oozing out of her red eyes. She was blinded by hatred against Wei Wuxian to the extent that she didn't hear any of her husband's words. For her, the mere existence of wei ying was the root cause of every problem in her life and if not for him, she would have never got insulted by her own husband today. Her beloved husband, who used to love her unconditionally. She was so angry that none of his words made sense to her and she stepped out of his quarters furiously and marched towards the most awful place existed in the whole world for her.

"Wife...Wife listen to me!" The clan leader called out to stop her from beating the poor soul again. But he couldn't follow her very far as his internal injuries took a turmoil again turning his body weak until he coughed a mouthful of blood. "Chief please come and have some rest. Your injuries are not healed yet. Let me pour some herbal tea for you" his most trustful servant and defence minister ushered him into his chambers again.

*~*

"Wei Wuxian come out you public nuisance, you bastard..OUT NOW!!" She shouted at the top of her lungs while standing in front of Wei Ying's chambers who was busy imagining his future with the love of his life 'lan zhan'. He jolted up abruptly and her voice filled his inner self with fear. What has he done now? Moreover, he doesn't leave his chambers nowadays and he will be leaving yunmeng in two weeks as he will be tied up in the auspicious bond of marriage with the great Hanguang Jun.

"My greetings to Madam Yu. Is everything alright moth..err...madam yu? Why did you troubled yourself coming here, you should have called me." Wei Ying came out and talked as sweetly and politely as he could while trusting his inner voice, that it might decrease some hate she harbours for him.