*6*

26th May 2021

For the video, skip to around 42 seconds, because that's when the song starts. Sorry this is kinda a filler chapter. As always, ! would like to thank auto correct and spell check, this would be a mess otherwise.

We walked out of the room, me leaning very heavily on Percy. He was practically carrying me, as I felt as though I would drop at any moment. We left Harry and Ron in their bedroom and Dumbledore went up the next flight of stairs, the same ones that Moody had gone up earlier.

When we entered the kitchen, everyone fell silent.

"Have you found the soul?" Mrs Weasley said nervously.

I lifted my head and smiled at her. "Yep. And it's been disposed of. Make sure Harry gets a lot of rest though, because he will feel very tired now that he has complete control of his body."

"The soul was in Harry?" Sirius had his mouth hanging open.

"Yeah. But it's out now," I reassured him, eyes drooping.

"Is there anywhere we can sleep for the night?" Percy asked. We wouldn't usually stay in a stranger's house, especially ones that had wizards and witches in, but we were making an exception because I was so tired.

"I think we have a spare room," Mrs Weasley glanced at Sirius, "Is the attic free?"

"Probably. Although I think it has a bookshelf full of cursed books."

"That will be fine thanks. We won't touch anything," I said standing up and leaning against Percy.

Mrs Weasley started up the stairs and beckoned for us to follow. This time we went past Harry and Ron's room and into the highest part of the house, which was the attic. The room was small and cramped, but it had a bed in the corner and that was all that we needed. The roof was so low above our heads that I almost hit my head on it, and I'm really short. Percy was almost crouching and Mrs Weasley stayed in the doorway to provide more space for us.

"So you have our bags?" I asked her, sitting down on the bed.

"Of course," she said quickly. She pulled out her wand and muttered something. A few moments later, both our backpacks shot through the open doorway, narrowly missing Percy's head.

I would have been impressed, but I was too tired to care that our bags had just flown up millions and millions of stairs (perhaps that's an exaggeration, I don't care) and landed on the bed next to me.

"I'll get another bed for you," she offered but Percy, who was standing by the bookshelf in the corner, grinned.

"One will be fine, thanks"

Mrs Weasley looked unsure but nodded and closed the door. There were a few moments of silence, then we could hear her quiet footsteps as she went down the stairs.

I emptied my bag on to the middle of the bed and grabbed the rainbow making thing (still don't know what it is, or how it works), a water bottle and a drachma.

"Hey, Perce, can you get some mist in front of me please?"

He wandered over. "Sure."

He waved his hand and I shined the rainbow maker onto the mist that Percy had created. 

"Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering and show me Lord Hades," I said into it, giving a golden drachma to it.

My dad's head appeared in the room and Percy quickly walked to the other side of the room, out of sight from Hades. Hades still disliked Percy, and we (read me and Percy, Hades doesn't care) tried to avoid them meeting.

Hades was  in Persephone's garden, and I had a feeling we had just interrupted their date, judging by the flowers, wine and cake on the table. I still found it strange that I was able to call the lord of the underworld and interrupt his and the goddess of spring-time's date because I was a child of the underworld.

"Nico. What do you want. And make it quick, me and 'Seph are busy". Of course he forgets that he sent me on a quest.

"Busy doing what? Anyway, I just was going to tell you that we have got the soul piece but I think there might be another in the house. Which you said was empty."

Hades looked sheepish. (How can a god of the dead look sheepish?) "Sorry. You said there is another Horcrux?"

"Yes, but I can sort that out. What I'm annoyed about is the fact that as soon as we entered the house, we are told about the existence of wizards and witches,got knocked out and got tied to some chairs in the basement. Then I was given a truth potion - which didn't work, thankfully - and almost gave away the fact that the gods exist!".

"Ah yes. I forget to mention that Tom Riddle was a wizard. Why do you say 'we'?".

"Percy came".

He frowned. Then Hades' face started disappearing because the IM was about to end.

"Do you have anything else that could help us?" Percy said urgently from behind me. I had no idea he had moved there and nearly jumped out of my skin.

"Yes. Don't trust Dumbledore," Hades answered.

"Why not? Other than he tried to kill a child?" I asked, but his face had disappeared.

"Well, that was useless. He didn't even tell us where the other soul is!" Percy mumbled.

"I wonder why we can't trust Dumbledore?"

"Anyone who dresses that eccentricity shouldn't be trusted anyway. Child murder or not," Percy said darkly.

I laughed and started to put everything back in my backpack. I dropped it onto the floor, wincing as I heard a crunching sound. 

"Perce, come here", I said, fighting off a yawn and patting the space on the bed beside me.

He walked round the bed, dropping his bag next to mine. Dramatically, he fell onto the bed, making me bounce up and land with my body sprawled over him and my legs pointing out to the side, feet dangling off the end of the bed.

I rubbed my aching chin and scowled, but I doubt it did it's job well enough because I was half asleep. Percy snorted and started to run his hand through my hair.

Through the murky haze of sleep, I could feel him lift up my head, rest it on his chest and straighten out my legs so they weren't tangled up in the duvet.

"Night Neeks".

Word count: 1052
Song: Perfect Weapon by Black Veil Brides.