Chapter 32

Time was rushing, we only had time until Lady Nimue fired a blast of loathe on December 31st. I was really determined for what I needed to do. For what was my destination? To get things back to normal before the world dies out of pain. "First thing is to think, then plan, and then action". That was what Grandpa told me.

"Charlotte. I have a plan. Listen." And finally, I vomited the ingredients I was taking in for so long.

"But, are you sure you are going to do this? I mean this is really dangerous. It can take your life. Or the one you are experimenting with. I would suggest you think once more before you make any move."

"No, Charlotte, this is going to be my last and most effective move. First, my target was to convince my sister, now it's all to deracinate the evil from the roots. Besides, I am a healer. A healer's job is to heal, let go of the injury and pain, and stand on toes again. Elvina can lend energy. We both can do this. I don't want to waste any more time and grow more enemies. Alyx said saint Sylvester's day is the last day of the year. Meaning 31st of December, 365th day of the year. Today it's the 21st of December. Only 10 days left to prepare the product of the magic conundrum. Meanwhile, we have to prepare ourselves!" I said sharply.

Charlotte giggled. "What's making you smile?" I asked, irritated.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell Elvina about your first move? Should we get going?"

"Yup!"

"Okay then."

I breathed deeply and focused on my past. My parents, my grandparents. Superpowers. Bloves. Elvina. World's partition. The last words of my dad and mom. The old morphyll which was kept in the wooden box. Jingles and Kringles. The Guardians.

Until now many things had happened. I had traveled this far to win, for victory not for the long-term loss. I have to do this.

I concentrated so much that hot-burning sweat started to drip through every pore in my body. I felt warmth. Extreme warmth. Burn. Fire. A power commuting through my body. Ground getting extracted from my bare feet. I opened my eyes and to my surprise, I was radiating fire. I was in the air. My face was hot red and burning. I shouted with all my might and force. My throat empty and sunken, devoid of any water. The papers, emitting golden light came towards me and they opened themselves to the required most burning page. I was sure I was going blank and blind.

Hard workers never face fatigue in guarding their strategy.

"Open your eyes wide."

"Jasper, Nothing is beyond the power of keep fighting. Sunrises every day, the great big fireball. It doesn't give up. Then, who are you to give up? Open your eyes and see the way to truth. If not now, NEVER!" The words were whispered and echoed so loud in my brain, I forgot to focus on either of them. They sounded like shattered glass. And they welcomed silence.

"Jasper? Wake up. Hey. Come on, wake up". Charlotte was shaking my body so hard it started to hurt.

"Stop it. It hurts. I'm up." I told her and she obediently stopped.

"Woof!"

"Jet? Hey," Jet was licking my face, I was half-sitting. I shoved him down.

"Jasper. How are you feeling?" Charlotte's vision was blurry but I made it to her identity because of her blond long hair and big hazel eyes staring directly at me.

"Hot," I answered, not sure myself. Charlotte stared. I smirked. Okay, this is fun...

"Oh, I mean extra warm. What happened, actually?" I finally asked.

"You blasted into a fireball, unfortunately, you were holding my hand and it burned. We ended up here," she answered by checking my temperature.

"Huh? I didn't know I could make fire. Sorry for that though." I pushed her hand aside and started to stand up. Everything started to spin and my focusing got weaker. Charlotte was standing by me. I suddenly lost the balance, when the world got shaky. My feet trembled and tripped. I pushed her and landed on top of her. So close I could hear her shallow breathing. And at that moment I felt warmth. The real warmth. I liked her so much, was the fact. Wanting to get to it, was the second. Little by little, the gap kept closing and my lip brushed hers. Cherry. The sweet flavor filled me with delight and guilt at the same time for the sudden act. A horrifying yet confused look. When I realized she was about to scream with those hazel eyes going to pop out any moment, I backed off and pursed my lips, looked away, and got off. It was really awkward. I glanced around me, except Jet, me, and Charlotte, there was no one else.

No, not me and her alone on this first move. I already made this thing go strange.

I tried to feel okay. Jet never stopped teasing me about it. We started to move downhill. A house or two were visible from where we were standing. Until we reached down, none of us spoke a word.

"Greetings. You both want some beautiful cherry blossom house or one with swimming poles and cotton beds?" An old husky man named Blizzard with a big face and chest but a small waist asked probably me and Charlotte after I asked him if we can rent a house for a few days.

"A normal wooden house with two rooms will work," Charlotte answered straightforwardly. I had no choice, but to follow Charlotte and I hardly could keep my pace as Blizzard was super-fast at talking and walking and I was so lazy to come up with extra energy. My gut was swelling already.

We finally reached a lakeside. The grass was fresh and green and cotton fields were 5 miles away. Blizzard suggested having some of their free dishes for new customers so we accepted the offer. The house "west-wind wood" was west-open and had a huge balcony and stairs leading to the ground floor.

It was a two-story house with one more couple living on the first floor, so we had to take the second floor. The view was more like a savanna, grassland spread everywhere. I could see horse riders which reminded me of Charlotte as the world's best horse rider. Blizzard told me there were horse rider competitions and horse riding schools held up every year for new entries. Charlotte looked interested but she did not speak. Besides the horse riders, there were all farmers directing those bringing stuff and machines for the cotton fields. Due to lack of our time, we ate the free meal offer and quickly went for the visit.

"This is so peaceful, isn't it?" Charlotte asked, suddenly walking just beside me. I could never know her.

"Yeah, it's Quiet and maintained with discipline. A place better for writers and all. This place isn't for wars. Imagine Grandpa William's farm held up in desert lands. Nah, man." I wasn't in the mood for imagining the beautiful green place turned into useless ashes.

"Right. So what are we going to do once we reach nowhere?" Charlotte glanced at her white and golden watch. Time WAS flying.

"Grandpa William said we'll find the right piece. I think marching a few kilometers from here would bring us to fields of cotton and all we need to do is make up a deal or something." I calculated the speech given in the silver room. "Plus, due to your insistence, I informed Elvina about the trip, I sent her a morphyll." I smiled proudly and bowed like a prince. When I looked up to get appreciated by Charlotte, she was pale and colorless.

"What?" I asked.

"No, Jasper. The morphyll supply. If Emma is with Lady Nimue and if she can hypnotize, then she can block all morphyll supply. She would receive all those messages sent by you and her. She won't let you communicate. And the trouble is if she sees your morphyll she'll come right after us. We have to hurry." Wow. Since when did Emma go around tricking most skilled people?

"Concluding. We need to fasten our moves and find the cotton perfect." I was out of words. Had to act before the time with Charlotte gets more embarrassing.