Chapter 17: Friend-Enemy

I've stayed in my hometown for about 3 weeks already. I start working at my mom's company few days after i arrived here. My mom is a fashion designer and she has her own company product. She positioning me in the marketing product because she knew that i'm good at offering products to the clients.

"Miss Jones, we have a situation here" said one of the staff.

"Alright, What can i do?" i ask her.

"There's a client that ask to meet Mrs. Jones right now, but she hasn't made an appointment with her. So i told her, we can't do anything but wait. But she doesn't wants to hear any excuses, and start yelling in the lobby" she said.

"Alright, i'm going down. Hold on" i said, as i hung up the call and rush myself to go to the lobby.

I saw a young woman with a hand on her hips, while the other hand was pointing at one of the staff there. From the look, i'm sure she's rich and kinda arrogant from the way she yelled at the staff.

"I'm sorry mam, can i help you?" i said, standing behind her.

She turn around and see me. She was surprised.

"Cailyn?" She said. I was kinda shock too, because she know my name.

"Yes, can i help you miss?" i asked politely.

"Uhm. Yes. I want to meet the head of the designer right now, because i have a performance next month. And i need a marvelous dress that design special by the top designer. But this people said, i can't just come and see her. I mean, do you guys know me? I am famous solo singer, why can't i see the boss? I'm a rich client here" she said, very cocky.

"Okay i see, but first, can i take you to my office. To discuss about it? So that we can discuss effectively" i ask, smiling.

"What are you? The boss?" She asked, rolling her eyes.

"No, i'm the head of the marketing here, but i have an access to the head of the designer" I said, with a smiled. She looked at me from head-to-toe.

"This way" i said again, ask her to follow me to my office.

Oh god, this rich girl.

"I see. I'm sorry to say this, but its the rules. Our head designer is very busy and if you want to see her, you have to make an appointment first. But you can discuss about the dress with me first, then i'll arrange the schedule for you to meet the head of designer, how abou that?" I said, when she told me what she needs.

"Oh, alright. I'm free tomorrow at 2" she said.

"Okay, unfortunately, we have to ask to the head designer about the schedule. We can't tell you when, but i'll inform you once i know. Can you fill this form first?" i said as i handed her a paper.

"Cailyn Jones... I can't believe i'm seing you again now" she said, as she fill the paper.

"I'm sorry, do we know each other?" i asked.

"Not really, but we used to" she said.

"Alright, when is the due date that you need the dress to be done?" i asked.

"November 2nd" she replied shortly.

"I'm a solo singer that very famous and rich in Manchester, you know" She added.

"Okay i see, you're beautiful, famous and very talented woman" i said, with a smile.

She smirked cockyly and chewing her gum.

"What have you been doing for the past few years?" she asked me.

"Was it very necessesary to tell you?" i asked.