Chapter 14 - Treat youself

~Y/N's POV~

Zak walked across the hall, wanting to return his empty plates to the kitchen. He could get his maids to do it, but he didn't want to bother them as they were way too busy planning the ball. Besides, even if he's privilaged, he tries to have some manners. Keyword: Tries.

He knocked on the door, his left foot lightly bouncing.

Lya popped out, she smiled when she saw Zak.

"Zak! Perfect timing actually," she stepped backed before opening the door fully, "I've just finished making another variety of desserts!"

"I didn't know you could bake."

"Well, now you do!" She said excitedly, ready to show her friend her new creation.

She took his plates and led him to the table full of different treats.

"Woah, this is actually pretty impressive." He laughed at the end, in awe.

"Thanks! Half of these are my moms recipes actually, and I made some few adjustments since I know theres some ingredients that people don't like. I wanted to have as much diversity as possible." She was remembering visiting her mothers bakery as a child, since her food was greatly inspired by her mother. She'd ask for cupcakes and sometimes would steal them when she was extra hungry, she was a little rebellious as a child. I mean, she did grow up with Zak. How could she not have a hint of rebelliousness?

Zak definitely wasn't listening. Food was one of his weaknesses, and theres delicious masterpieces right in front of him. He reached out to one of them, completely forgetting that he just ate, before Lya slapped his hand away.

"Zak, no. Bad Zak." She smiled at the end, signalling that it was all playful banter.

"Whatever, I'm not a dog." Zak placed his hand on his hip and leaned closer to her while raising his eyebrow.

"Are you sure? Because you are acting like a little bi-"

"Hey! Only I get to say good insults!" Lya stared at him for a couple of seconds, jokingly rethinking her life choices.

"Pfft- our conversations are just so...I have no idea, and I think that perfectly describes it." She hovered her hand over her mouth, covering her smile. She was slightly squinting as she laughed, just like she always does. Zak took that opportunity to steal one of the cupcakes. He immediately took one and ate it all in one bite. Of course he did..

"I gotta go now, bye!" Zak's muffled voice informed, his thumb pointing to the direction of his escape. Lya gave a hum to tell him that she heard him.

He somehow ran to the door in heels, giving the most innocent smile he could and giving a thumbs up to Lya before leaving.

"Oh Zak, never change." She whispered softly, before looking at her treats and noticing an empty space.

"Zak!" She shouted, almost out of instinct.

'Okay, maybe change one thing.' She thought, shaking her head and crossing her arms out of disapproval.

Zak ran across the castle. Slightly sliding as the floor was made out of tiles. He had no reason to run, but feeling the cool air as he zoomed across each tile was bringing back so many good memories. As a child, he used to do this 24/7. His mom and dad would always nag him, but sometimes they'd do it in secret and smile at every small slide.

"Zak!"

"Puffy!"

Zak landed on her as her feet stayed firmly on the ground. Zak gave her a big hug, so he can avoid face-planting on the floor, but also because he did miss her. Puffy isn't one with physical affection — even if you consider the fact that she would be the softest stuffed animal — so she just awkwardly patted his back and held him up.

"Someone's happy to see me." Puffy pointed out with confidence.

"No, you're just really soft." Zak admitted, his voice muffled by Puffy's clothes and hair.

"Okay, enough hugging because I feel like if I don't stop you, you're gonna cling unto me for the rest of the day. I gotta prepare the things I'm gonna use for Mission 7." Puffy used her hand to push Zak away, but it only made him cling harder.

"The Nether one?" Puffy grunted, trying to squeeze out of Zak's grip before giving up, and accepting her fate.

"Yes, the Nether one."

"Ooh, can I come?" Zak looked up at Puffy,

"You sure? Its really hot there. Besides, I think you have to ask King Zachary and Queen Amy first." She paused. "Okay, maybe only Queen Amy. I think we both know that she's the one to talk about these things." Puffy remembered all the times Queen Amy went to adventures. Well, not just went, she was the one who led it. Puffy was just a small child back then, but she looked up to her a lot. Now, she's the Captain of a crew, this was basically her dream.

"Fine." Zak emphasised the word to show his annoyance, but I think you could see it just by looking at his face.

"I really gotta go."

"Okay." Zak nodded while saying it.

"Zak."

"Yeah?"

"You're still clinging unto me." Puffy gestured to him.

"Oh! Right, sorry. Your hair is just so soft. It reminds me of wool."

"Zak, I am literally half sheep."

"Right."

Puffy gave a small wave with an amused smile, and walked away from her office. As she's going down the stairs, she felt something bump into her.  She put her hands up defensively on instinct, her hands ready to punch anyone that comes near, and Zak accidentally does the same. Puffy sighed.

"You wanna come with me, don't you?"

"Pfft nah...if you insist though, then sure. You're really clingy, you know that, right?" Puffy couldn't tell if Zak was joking or not.

Puffy pulled out her plan book, seeing if she could fit some time to hang out with Zak. It has been, like, about a month since they talked to each other for more than 3 minutes.

"Hey, Zak, I'm not busy, so I wanted to take up your invite to hang ou-" Puffy looked up from her schedule book.

Instead of Zak, she saw a figure that stole Zaks second favourite hoodie. The person had a crappy disguise, a coloured box on their head with derpy facial expressions.

Puffy took her fighting stance, but she reached for the closest thing next to her, which was Zak's favourite books. She reached for the closest one, recognising it as his childhood book. It was about a place where there's something called "computers" and "minecraft." About two friends called Halo and Skep.

She quickly reached for it and threw it at the mystery person, infuriated at them for attempting to still from the prince.

"Wait, wait, wait, Cara!" She quickly stopped as the name caught her attention.

"Zak?"

Anyways, enough flashbacks. That was something Puffy would rather forget.

"Fine, I'll take you there."

"Pog!"

"Pog? What even is that?"

"I have no idea. I think it was from a book I read? It was from this thing called 'twitch.'"

~~~

Hehe, funny number chapter.

This was kinda a filler chapter? This is also me procrastinating on planning the meeting.

I know Puffy and Zak are out of character....

Thats it

~1213 words~