Chapter 9 - Trainwreck of thoughts

~Darryl POV~

I stared at the bottom of Puffy's bed. I didn't want to sleep. I was tired, sure, but I just wanted to think about the day. Thats what I do. I rewatch every event, conversation, basically anything that happened during the day, and I judge myself for how I acted. I can't help it. If I could, I'd stop, but I'm helpless.

I sighed. You're too awkward in this situation, you were too serious, blah blah blah. Those are half of my thoughts everyday. The other half... the other half is the one I chose to think about. I could think about anything, the mission to the nether, the kings arranged marriage, but no. I think about all the people in my life. Puffy and Quackity, The Dream Team, and Skeppy.

Skeppy.

I never realised until now that he hides so much from me, but I can respect that. I may not understand why he does it, but I know that I just need to support it. Besides, he's gorgeous in my eyes. Thats what I always say, personality is equal to beauty. It's definitely a bummer that some people don't like themselves, more specifically, their looks.

What if all my loved ones don't like themselves?

I shook my head and leaned on my right. I saw Quackity holding letters and using a dim lit candle to see. I almost let out a yelp but quickly covered it up.

He look up from his letters with his signature smile and gave a small wave before returning to his letters. I force myself to politely smile back. It's not that I'm not happy to interact with him, but my train of thoughts were...

I interrupted my thoughts and just tried to go to sleep as I finally gave in to exhaustion.

~Zak POV~

I was reading. Nothing new, huh? I stopped and rested my head on my arms.

I couldn't focus. All I thought about was..him. (No, not him from the PPG)

I felt tears building up in my eyes, and I saw my book getting wet.

I can't do this. I don't like this "love" thing. I said, now noticing that I'm tearing up way more than I thought. I was having a breakdown, yet I didn't make a sound.

I inhaled harshly, and let my breath escape out my mouth. I do that until I was calm enough to think rational thoughts.

~

"Hey, sweetie."

I groaned, being to tired to process anything.

I gained all of my energy to open my eye before closing it again.

"G'morning." I said, not having the energy to respond in a nice tone.

"Breakfast's ready."

I nodded as I saw her blurry figure leave my room.

I stared blankly at my ceiling in a starfish-pose, trying to process everything that happened yesterday.

I sat up and left my legs dangling on the right side of my bed, my head on my hands. I took a deep-breath before going to the dining room.

As I went there, I saw my father eating happily while talking with my mother.