Chapter 13 - Tomorrow

~Lefie's POV~

"Puffy?- Oh, you're not Puffy. I'm so sorry, I'll leave-" A voice said from the outside, and I hear the door creaking signifying that the person was about to close their door.

"Wait- I can, um, lead you there if you'd like. I don't know if she's still there since it's pretty late, but, y'know Puffy. She'd always try to be the best leader, even if it meant sacrificing sleep." I laughed at the end of my sentence, not in a "haha so funny" but in a "this is a bit awkward, maybe adding lmao will make it more casual" way.

"Oh! Okay..so could you, um, walk me there?" I noticed them glancing at my crown, the one Zak's mom gave me, but looking down at their shoes mostly.

I silently walked up to the door, offering my hand to them.

"I'm Lefie, by the way. I use they/them."

"Uh- QU. I use the same pronouns." They had their eyebrows slightly raised, not so subtly looking at my crown.

"Oh, thats cool, very cool."

We both stayed silent for a while, only hearing my heels clack the floor and their cape graze it.

The soft fabric of their clothes was giving me comfort and maybe some slight nostalgia, as this felt like the blanket my mother gave me. 

As we took a turn, they broke the silence.

"So, uh. Are you, like, okay?" They asked suspiciously, but there was a hint of concern.

"Huh?"

"Not in a rude way, by the way! It's just your face. Nothing wrong with it, it just has um...what's the word. Uh, wait. Tears! Yeah, tears. You have tears." They trailed of in the end.

"Mh apologies, I was just thinking of.. something." I looked to the side, avoiding eye-contact.

"Oh, okay. Okay. Can I make you feel better? Or do you not wanna talk about it?" They asked.

"Of course if you don't want to I completely understand, I mean, I am a stanger and I wouldn't, like, trust myself either." They stopped, initiating eye-contact.

"Not right now." I said in a more formal tone than I'd like. They nodded and returned to our recent position, me almost missing a turn.

"Uh- thats a cool hat." I said, in an attempt to seem friendlier.

"Tha-thanks." I noticed that they're slightly distanced from me, but I shrugged it off. I'm average with meeting new people, but it can definitely be hard.

"I like your cape too, it's very sparkly and stuff." I let out a lighthearted laugh at the end. They slightly laughed too, being more comfortable.

"So, uh, we're here! Should I go now? Or..."

"Um, yeah! Sure."

I nodded and gave a soft smile.

I grabbed their hand and kissed their knuckles.

"I hope to see you again, Mx."

"Pfft, uh- Same to you, Lefie." They playfully winked.

~

~Zak's POV~

Crap.

It's tomorrow. Well, today is today, but like- tomorrow. Arrange marriage meeting. Dang it.

I was trying to get my clothes so I can prepare for tomorrow but my legs keep pacing around my room. I didn't really have enough motivation to stop it.

"Zak?" I heard my mother from the other side of the wall.

"Come in!" I answered.

She slowly opened her door and poked her head in and asked, "How are you doing? I hope you're doing good."

"Honestly, not the best."

She walked over to me, laying down a plate on my desk just like my dad did yesterday. How many- why is time so damn complicated?

She noticed I seem troubled and sat down on my bed and gave me a hug. I was suprised as first, but I wrapped my hands around her and leaned on her shoulder.

I missed this. A lot.

We spent about 3 minutes just holding each other tightly. I can feel her hair tickle the back of my neck. Her arms were around me as if I was soft, delicate glass. I silently took her crown and placed it near me, since it slightly poked me.

She then pulled away and tried to secretly wiped her eye.

"So, uh- I made you your favourite!"

I looked over to the desk and there it was. Bacon, eggs, some rice, and some fries on a smaller plate with cheese sause on the edge.

"Also, have you peed already? You do know that even if we're in a fanfiction, we still need to do that, right?"

"Yeah, yeah. Also, you do know that you could've have our chefs make the food, right?"

"Well, I knew how much you like my cooking," She said with a teasingly big smirk. "-so I made you this!"

"Thanks Mom." I said, giving her a big smile. I'd hug her but we'd hug again for minutes and I am very, very, hungry.

"Wash your hands first, boy." She lightly slapped my hand which was reaching for the food.

"Ow, ow, fine." I dragged the last word, and then she laughed.

"Why are you laughing?!" I shouted, trying to hide my smile.

"Nothing, nothing. I guess its just the fact you still sound like when you were a child."

"Aw."

"No, I mean you literally sound like a kid."

"Hey!" My voiced cracked, helping her point. I stared her down for a second before smiling.

"Y'know, sometimes I forget you're my mother and not my sister."

"Yeah, I honestly think that your sister, Sam, is more of a mother figure than I am." I laughed, knowing that it wasn't much of an exaggeration. She's the mom friend of a group, except its actually a family.

"Speaking of Sam.." She hummed in response. "When's she coming back?"

"Oh...well, um... I can't really promise that it's soon, since she's still not done with her work, but I'll try to get her to visit you for the ball, okay? Everyone misses her a lot, especially Lya. (This is platonic, I think they'd be nice friends.)"

She and I stayed quiet for a bit.

"I miss her so much." My mother confessed.

~~~

Im crying- not really, bUT I WROTE A LEFIE BACKSTORY WITH ANGST AND I WAS GONNA POST IT BUT NOW IM LIKE "nah, I dont like this." But like, do you guys want backstories? I wanna make backstories. Especially Quackity and Puffy backstories since I want to make them have character.

Also, like, I read "Flowers from 1970" and woah- I didnt cry as much as I expected, but damn was it sad.

~1090 words~