We would usually come here for vacation for a different ambiance. Or to get away all things mafia, if only for a few weeks. Although I didn't join it, I still had occasional dealings. Sometimes I would do an assassination for Vera, if Galina couldn't because of school.

Vera only took over the mafia about two years ago. She was never interested in all the technology side of things so she never took over mom's software company.

I for sure thought Odessa would because she is always hacking a phone or the cameras at the house. That's why she knew all that went down in there.

She didn't though she said she didn't want all of that responsibility, that she wanted to be free.

Galina would take over when she was finished with college. She had been going to work with mom when she had the time to, learning the ropes of it.

Entering my room I dropped my bag on the floor by the door before going into the bathroom to take a much needed shower.

"Put on some clothes please." Galina said to me as I walked out my bathroom, towel around my waist. She lay on my bed typing away on her phone.

"But you came into my room." I argued.

"Yes and now I'm telling you to put some clothes on."

"Galina!" Her eyes widen at her name being called loudly by our mother.

"Shit I came here to tell you that lunch was ready but you took so fucking long." She said running out of my room.

I walked to my closet putting on some comfortable clothes to lounge around in for the rest of the evening. The race wasn't until tomorrow so we just had the rest of the day free.

Jogging down the steps in some basketball shorts and a blue round neck, I walked quickly to the dining room.

"You're such a diva." Odessa said to me, annoyed at my late entrance, rolling her eyes.

Dad chuckled at her comment shaking his head. I mocked her sitting in my seat opposite her.

We began eating having a light conversation, all of us slightly jet lagged.

"The race starts at 1 tomorrow so we'll have to leave ahead of time to reach there before it starts." Dad said to us.

"Our seat are already reserved. Please be on time." He continued, stressing on the please.

"That's for you diva." Odessa said to me.

"For all of you." He corrected, leaving no room for argument.

Unlike mom who was scary as hell, dad was more mellow. He was strict when needed to be but you could get away with anything with him.

"We have something to tell you." Mon said happily, sitting up in her seat.

"Are you pregnant?" Galina asked seriously. Mom slapped her on the back of her head in response.

"I was just making sure." She said softly rubbing her head.

"We'll be renewing our vows." Dad said smiling at mom as she smiled at him.

Odessa leaned her cheek on her palm, elbow on the table, "Didn't you just do that like five years ago?" She asked dejectedly.

"Yes we did but that was five years ago." Dad answered her. She hummed dropping back into her chair not at all entertained.

"When?" I asked them.

"On our wedding anniversary." Mom said smiling at the thought.

"That's in like, three months." Vera said finally speaking up.

I look at her weirdly. How did she even know that.

"I was born before they were married." She said to me like it was obvious.

"We were so young Emme." Mom said sending dad heart eyes.

Galina gagged loudly turning her head away to the windows that showed the hills of Greece.

Odessa looked on at them so unbothered it was scary and Vera, well Vera was Vera. Staring at the plain white wall unmoving.

Odessa snapped her fingers in between mom and dad breaking them from their intense staring contest.

"We'll be doing it in France this time with the whole family." Mom said to us.

"Okay we'll be there." Odessa said getting up from the table taking her and Vera's plate with her.

"You wouldn't have had another choice Odessa." My mother said to her stacking her plate with the rest or ours only for dad to take it from her.

"What do we do now?" Galina asked as we stood in the kitchen packing away the now clean dishes.

"Let's watch a movie." Dad said turning for her to get on his back.

"Yes! But what do we watch?" She asked as dad walked out the kitchen. Their voices fade as they get further and further away.

"What was the point of having children if they keep taking my husband's attention?" My mother asked in spanish lowly to herself.

"We can understand you, you know that right?" Vera asked her.

"I wanted you too." Mom said walking out the kitchen and in the same direction Galina and dad went.

I follow behind them throwing my arm over Vera's shoulder. She glared at me at the side of her eye but didn't make a move to push my hand away.

"We need to vote." Galina said loudly as we entered the theater room.

"Horror or Action?"

"All for horror?" Odessa asked raising her hand, no one else did.

She groans loudly dropping back into a recliner trying to get comfortable so she could go to sleep. She always does that even if we pick what she wanted.

"Action it is." Galina said smiling widely flicking throw the list of movies on the tv.

I drop into a seat next to Odessa, Galina on my right, Vera next to her. Mom and dad say closer to the wall on the far right of us, doing whatever they were doing without a care in the world

Half way through the movie we hear loud laughter from mom. We don't turn our head already knowing what was happening.

The shadow of mom wrapped around dad passed infront of the lit tv in the pitch black room as he carried them out. Lips locked, not at all bothered that we literally saw and heard everything.

A loud moan is the last thing we here before the door closes behind them. I grimace focusing on what was going on in the movie, that my eyes never left not once.

"They can't fucking stop. Literally." Odessa said disgusted.

"It's called love Odessa." Vera said to her suprising us.

"Love my ass, literally." Galina said before taking off already knowing Vera was coming after her.

"This family has problems." I whisper to myself.

"I know right only you and I are the only sane ones brother." Odessa said to me throughing her arm over my shoulder.

Gently I unwrapped her hands shaking my head at her. She scoffed at me before laying back in the chair pulling the blanket to her shoulders.

Galina being chased by Vera was seen occasionally as the run past the open door.

Vote and comment, enjoy your day/night.