Arc 2 Part 4: Ritual

>This scene is based off a sending from Final Fantasy  X<

"This ritual how do I perform it?" Mei asked Stolas. " Pick up the staff and follow my lead," Stolas explained while gently holding Mei's  hand. Doing as she was told Mei grasps the staff in her hands. In order to better guide her Stolas holds onto Mei with one hand and grasps the staff in the other. 
  "Very well, I will guide your  movements in the dance as well as with the staff twirls. During this process channel your magical energy into the staff. " Stolas explained to Mei. In response Mei gives a small nod embarrassed at the closeness  of thier bodies.  Stolas  then begins leading Mei into a waltz-like dance while guiding her when to twirl the staff. A bright light blue glow can be seen emanating  from the staff. Meanwhile, a thunderous roar can be heard  from above. Having concluded the ritual Stolas turns to Mei giving her a warm smile and a nod. Suddenly he feels the grip on his hand grow weak. It is then that Mei collapses feeling drained of energy.
  Stolas seeing Mei's  limp body screams and transforms into his demon form. Two large gray and black feathery wings sprout from his back, a winged crest sprouts from his head, and his hands and feet grow talons. Tears run down his face.  I can't  lose her too. Rest that's all she needs right? Stolas scoops up Mei's  body and rushes out of the treasure room and up the stairs.  Tsukinoki  is now back to its former glory.  It's not safe  here. Too many demons were attracted to the area when it emerged from the Spectral Realm and became part of the Devildom again. Diavolo's  Castle she mentioned living there before coming  here. I've  been there  before; Danu often did business with the royals. Flapping his mighty  wings he took off to the northwest the direction  of Diavolo's  Castle.