Solo Arc 1 Part 1: Beginnings

May 5th-May 6th 2021

Mei stands up from her desk and walks over to her doorway and reaches out to the handle. She feels a painful shock as a warding signal appears on the doorway. Good, Barbatos sealed me in my room at the castle  just as I asked. Now the time has come for my little chat. Returning to her bed she sits upon it and starts  her astral meditation. 

Her consciousness shifts to a large blank space and at its center a large shadowy figure looms over the horizon. The figure shifts and turns to face Mei and beckons her to come closer. Mei warily heeds it's call and steps forward to meet the figure.  Straining her neck to meet its gaze before she unsheathes her katana and points it at the figure. 

"I-if you try anything beast I won't hesitate to turn my blade on you," Mei squeaks out clearly intimidated by the presence.  A voice in her head rings out,[Do that and you'll hurt yourself as well child. Allow me to show you.] It reaches out to Mei's face with one of its long shadowy claws and lightly runs it across Mei's cheek. Blood starts to run down the faces of both Mei and the figure. Mei winces at the pain,"Noted," she mumbles. Having noticed her discomfort at straining to look at its form the figure's form shifts to that of a  woman slightly older than Mei. [Now that we can speak child; I have something that I wish to show you.]

"Before you do that what should I call you?" Mei asked  the woman. The figure of the woman paused for a second. [ Call me by your mother's name...Danu] the figure for a second appeared to be smiling.  Mei's eyes grew wide with shock  how could it possibly know  this information when she herself knew nothing about her mother.  Danu seeing her confusion raised her hand and spoke,[ I see that Samael has taken your memories from you. If you would permit me to help you I can restore your memory.] She steps forward and lays her hands on Mei causing her to flinch. Suddenly, the background shifts  to an unfamiliar throne room. "Wait! Where have you taken me!?" Mei shouts in a state of clear shock. [ We are in the past. This is Tsukinoki, the Spectral Matriarchy of the Devildom. Now hush child and watch as the tale unfolds.] Danu explains to Mei slightly annoyed by her interruption.

Throughout the throne room are mini water gardens with various varieties of lotus blossoms. At the center of the room lies the throne upon which sits a beautiful maiden with piercing light green eyes. By her side is a stoic man with yellow eyes; one of which is covered with an eyepatch.  They are in an audience with Samael; it appears that they are arguing with each other. The only words that you can make out comes from Samael's lips, " Fine! If you won't assist us in the war then you can say goodbye to your precious Tsukinoki. This isn't the last you'll hear from me Danu. I'll be back," he says in a sickenly sweet voice. The man next to Danu unsheathes his katana and points it at Samael. As a response Samael clicks his tongue and turns away waving his hand.