The Guy Next Door

Tiana's P.O.V

After a three year long relationship that was an epic fail and a lot of changes in my life I decided that it was time to leave the ATL and go to New York. Thank god that I have some friends in New York so I won't feel completely alone. Once Big mama passed away I decided it was time for a change.

Mover: That should be everything ma'am.

Tiana: Thank you guys so much. (Hands the mover a check)

Mover: Have a nice day.

Tiana: You too. (Closes the door behind them) Now to only unpack.

If I haven't mentioned, I brought this huge ass condominium in New York. So I have a doorman and so much more. And if you're wondering how can I afford to live in luxury then let me tell you. I am an educated woman with a degree in marketing. I started an online boutique that soon became such a hit that I opened a store in three different locations. One in Georgia, New York, and in California. And I'll have one opening in Florida soon once construction is done. I invested in myself and that's why successful today. Also I did come from a great family. My big mama basically raised me. She invested in herself at a young age by buying land, rental properties which turned into her making a lot of money. And that's because she knew how to manage her money and invest in the right things. So you can basically say I grew up spoiled but was taught the value of money and how to stay wealthy.

Sadly Big mama passed away six months ago from cancer. I'm still heartbroken to this day. Since I was the only person Big mama had after my grandfather passed, I was pretty much over her estate. I lost contact with my birth mother when I was five when she ran off with her new boyfriend and forgot about me. My dad died in a car accident when I was four. Yeah that should sum up my life.

Kenndi: (on FaceTime) Hi Hunny.

Tiana: Hi sweetie.

Kenndi: So have you got settled in.

Tiana: Nope still unpacking. I didn't realize how much stuff I had.

Kenndi: I told you that you had a lot of shit.

Tiana: Well since I have a lot of shit, will you come help me unpack?

Kenndi: I can't do that friend. But you're still meeting us for drinks tonight right?

Tiana: Yes. I wouldn't miss a chance to catch up with my girls.

Kenndi: Yeah. We haven't seen you since (gcto)

Tiana: Let's not talk about that situation.

Kenndi: You know you'll have to talk about it sooner or later.

Tiana: Until that day but right now I don't wanna talk about that.

Kenndi: Okay moving on. I'm still sorry about big mama. I hate that we couldn't be there.

Tiana: Yeah, but it's okay. I appreciate the flowers you guys sent. The first two months were hard but I've come to accept her not being here. Just so hard.

Kenndi: It will get better T.

Tiana: Yeah I know.

Kenndi: Look I gotta go, but I'll see you tonight. Love you boo.

Tiana: Love you too.

Kenndi: And dress sexy as hell so we can find you a man.

Tiana: (laughs) Okay. (Hangs up)