"Please." I moved my hands on either side of her, trapping her between my body and the counter. My lips curled into a smirk when I saw her chest stop moving for a moment. "What can I do to convince you?"

Mia glanced between my lips and intense stare, pushing me away when I grinned and slapping at her reddening cheeks. I chuckled quietly and pecked her lips before turning back to the stove.

"You need to come over next weekend for dinner," she told me, making me groan immediately.

"Your brother hates me," I muttered back.

"He doesn't hate you," Mel said with a grin. "He just... doesn't really like you."

I grunted, feeling her arms wrap around my neck. I rested my head on hers and moved one arm around her waist. Right when she got on her toes to kiss me, the timer shrilled from beside her. Mel jumped with a gasp and I chuckled quietly, gently nudging her beside me to open the oven.

"Your mum has the best food," Amelia moaned to herself as I put some oven mits on and pulled out the giant skillet. It was piled with all kinds of cheeses and seasonings with tortellini right under it; it was one of my personal favourite dishes.

"She does, doesn't she?" I chuckled, setting the food on the stove and taking a whiff. I could feel my mouth water and I opened a cabinet to grab some plates.

"Lascialo raffreddare, idiota!" Ma called out from the living room, making me whine childishly.

"Your mother's right," Dad said. "Let it sit for ten minutes before feeding your fat ass."

I glared at the back of his head and pulled Mia into the living room with me. I sat down and pulled her on my lap despite her protests, wrapping my arms around her. I loved that my dad learned to if not fluently speak Italian then to at least understand what we said, but it's not fun to make fun of him with Ma when he can understand almost all of it.

"You're gonna have to teach me some Italian," Mia whispered, leaning back against my chest as the four of us watched an Adam Sandler movie.

I felt a smirk tug at my lips. "Say mi piace quando mio padre mi scopa duramente."

Her nose scrunched as she tried repeating it, doing a shitty job at it in the process. By the time she said it pretty clearly, Ma was glaring daggers into my soul while Dad covered his face as his shoulders shook, obviously laughing.

"Don't laugh, Jake!" Ma scolded, smacking his arm. "This isn't the sweet baby boy I raised—this is your doing, isn't it?"

"Ow, ow, ow!" He laughed as she repeatedly hit his head, eventually grabbing her wrist. "Hit him, not me."

"What?" Mel spoke up with pursed lips, looking between the three of us. "What did I say?"

Hearing that question caused a smug smirk to grow on my lips. Ma's face was beet red and she shook her head violently, turning the television volume up. Jake chuckled to himself and situated Ma beside him to grab some food.

"Just know that if you said it in English, your father would be hanging Lucian by his dick," Dad told Amelia, making me grimace at the thought of it.

Then I remembered.

Fuck.
Her father.

Mia looked up at me, patiently waiting for me to tell her. I raised an eyebrow in response with a growing grin, kissing her shoulder.

"What did you just make me say?" She harshly whispered to me, gripping my jaw.

I licked my lips and pecked her lips in response. She pulled away with narrow eyes and I chuckled, running my fingertips along her thigh.

"I'll tell you later," I mumbled. "I don't think my mother would appreciate me telling you in front of her."

"Then why would you tell me to say it in Italian?"

"Because I forgot that your loud ass doesn't know how to keep your voice down." I laughed when she smacked my shoulder, huffing. "Get up, I'm gonna get us some food."

Mia nodded and I pecked her lips one last time before standing up, walking into the kitchen. I saw Dad searching for the forks and opened a drawer, taking four out and setting them on the counter.

"I've always liked how easy-going she makes you," Dad spoke, referring to Mia. "I'm glad you never brought any other girls home because I don't know if they'd be able to top my number-one girl."

I chuckled quietly, feeling my cheeks beginning to warm up. I made sure Dad wouldn't be able to see before putting four piles in each of the bowls.

"She's a keeper, Lucian," he said quietly and took a bite of his food. He pointed his fork at me. "Don't fuck this up."

I immediately snorted and shook my head to myself, taking a bite of my food. "I would be an idiot to let her get away, Dad. I'm not a complete idiot."

"Eh." He shrugged his shoulders and smirked when I narrowed my eyes. "You let her get away once, I'm just trying to make sure it doesn't happen again."

I took another bite of my food before slowly sighing, nodding in agreement. But I didn't plan on letting her get away from me again and I would do any fucking thing to make sure of it.

*****
***
**

WORD COUNT: 2069