Chapter 5

"I wonder where they are now" Serena thought to herself.

"Ash looked sad, like that time in Snowbelle city." "I hope Goh managed to bring him back to his normal self, to the Ash I like..."

After she trained with her pokémon for a good while, she thought she had seen Ash and Goh running towards the pokecenter.

When Ash got to her, they stared into each other's eyes for a good while until Ash took out his fist and put it in front of Serena.

"I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly without saying anything..." Ash said nervously looking down.

Serena then took out her fist and bumped it into Ash's.

"It's ok Ash, I forgive you."

They looked at each other and smiled as then they went in for a tight hug.

Goh watched from far away and said "I consider my work here done" leaving with a smile as he managed to do something cool for his friends.

~~ Later at night ~~

Goh had fallen asleep while Ash was staring at the moon and Serena was looking at him. Serena then stood up because she wanted to talk to Ash about something important.

"Ash..."

"What's up Serena?"

"Its just that I wanted to talk to you about something important..."

"Huh?"

"Ash I know that it might be too early for me to say this but I just need to"

"Ash... Do you remember when we said goodbye"

"Yes... yes I do..."

"Are you mad at me for doing that?"

"no... but it did leave me confused until I talked to Goh about it..."

"Oh... I'm sorry for doing that, I did it on impulse because I didn't know when we would meet again..."

"It's ok Serena... But that isn't all you wanted to tell me, was it?"

"Ash I... have feelings for you."

Ash's eyes widened when she said this.

"You inspired me to do so many great things and... I like you as more than a friend..."

"It's ok if you cannot give me an answer yet, I just needed you to know..."

Serena was about to leave until Ash grabbed her hand blushing.

"Serena, I feel things for you that I don't completely understand yet but when I do, I'll tell you."

Serena smiled and then was dragged into a long hug from Ash.

"Thank you for everything you do Serena..."

They let out a few tears and smiled because they knew how they felt.

They then broke the hug and went to sleep with no more words being said that night.