7

TW; Somewhat gore scene, light smut, implications
Read on knowing this

George finally stopped crying an hour after Dream had left, when he looked up, the guards were already gone. He shakily got up, he was desperate to get back to Dream. The dolphin cast the tracking spell once more, the trail appeared before him, he let out a breathy sigh of relief.

Dream was alive....

George didn't hesitate to follow the trail, he wiped his eyes as he went on his path, which wasn't so far. Dream was already close, when the brunette saw him, he let out a happy noise and bolted to him, thankful to be embraced in the sharks loving arms, "Oh my god you're alive! I-I thought you were.... I thought you were killed Clay..." he cried, cupping Dream's face softly. He watched the Shark melt into his touch, but he hadn't said a word, "Clay?" He murmured softly, worry in his eyes. The blond opened his eyes slowly, sadness was in his eyes, but he still didn't say a word, "Clay please talk to me..." the dolphin quietly said, quickly taken into a soft kiss

Then the Shark finally said something, "I'm sorry.... Your father he's... great!" George could tell the last part was a lie, but he couldn't figure out why it was. "George... he said you can come back... with me..." the Shark smiled at him, which reassured the dolphin. "Clay that's, wonderful!" He exclaimed, tightly hugging the Shark once more, not noticing how the Shark's eyes were filled with worry and panic.

The dolphin smiled at the Shark, who half smiled back at him, "What are you waiting for? Let's go..."
——————————-

Karl pushed Sapnap back down as George and Dream swam past them, worry filled the young koi, there was clearly something wrong with the Shark, he was acting off. Sapnap stayed silent until the older mers had swam away, once they were he suddenly turned to Karl, "That's not Dream." The koi nodded, "He seems really off Sap... Like, there's no way the king willingly let him go like that, and would welcome back the prince like that..." the raven haired shark let out a loud groan as he slumped against the rock they were hiding behind, his hands in his hair, "I should've gotten here sooner, Karl I could've helped them!" He hissed out, the light brunette gave an exasperated sigh, "Sapnap. It's not your fault okay?! Fate just is like that, it's not like we can go back in time and fix this all!" He snapped, making the Shark stare at him with surprise.

The koi knew how to use words that was for sure. Sapnap stared for a few minutes, before giving a small smile, "Alright fine, you got me there, but... how are we going to help them? If Dream isn't in a right state, what will just two mers do?" Karl smiled, "Sap, I know a bunch of mers, and I know my ways to make them see what I say is the truth, we just need to gather our fellow kingdoms!" The raven shook his head smiling, "It's going to be the war all those years ago, except the villain is the king?" Karl nodded, "Maybe less death though, only one, his death!" The koi joked, making Sapnap chuckle

"We'll need a huge army.... I mean the King of Caenuvia has a huge ass army, even just as a kingdom alone, and how many kingdoms can we convince?" Both young mers jumped from someone clearing his throat, looking over to see a pink hair eel and a brunette jellyfish. Sapnap immediately recognized the eel and hissed, "You!" He lunged after the eel, only to be stopped by Karl, "Hey! No! If he wanted to hurt us... he already would've... right?" He turned to the other mers, who nodded. "I-I'm very sorry... I know Techno just took your brother but, he wants to atone, and so do I." The jellyfish explained, Karl eyed him closely before widening his grey eyes, "You're Wilbur, the kings runaway advisor!"

Wilbur laughed nervously, "Oh boy... news sure does spread quickly doesn't it!" Sapnap glared at the two older mers, "Why do you want to help us? Both of you hold an unnecessary grudge against my kind, what made you change?" Techno and Wilbur exchanged glances, before the pink haired male whistled loudly, they all looked at him confused before a small fish swam quickly towards him. "This is a parrot fish, it takes whatever it hears and copies it, when you command it to..." he explained, petting the parrot fish as he did. Karl nodded, "They are really useful!" He exclaimed, Sapnap looked at the eel with distrust, "What'd you record with it? How bad sharks are?"