2

"Son..." George flinched at his fathers tone, scared of being scolded. He stared at the ground as he replied, "Y-yes father?" His voice was quiet, his body trembling. Silence, George's father knew that his son hated silence in this type of tension. Anxiety flowed through the younger dolphin, he gripped his arms awaiting an answer.

"Wilbur told me you had gone out... even after I told you to stay in your room... Did you not hear the rumors?" His father finally spoke, circling around George. "Father... I don't believe them, you shouldn't either, you killed the last shark... right?" George bravely spoke, he got even braver, "Unless you... Messed up and let a few slip your fingers?" That earned him a harsh smack. "Never..." his father hissed as the brunette rubbed his face.

One thing he knew about his father, was that he was full of himself, always being the best, 'never' messing up. George hated it, because since his father was busy with being Great, he neglected his own son. His father was still in front of him, a demanding look in his eyes. George quelled his angry thoughts and bowed his head, "I'm sorry... Father..." he forced out, keeping all the spite out of his voice.

His father grunted, "Good.... now get out of my sight..." George bowed then quickly swam out of the throne room. Seething with anger, he slammed his room doors shut, then loudly screamed. He slumped against his door, ignoring Wilburs worried knocks. He really hated his asshole of a father.

After a few moments, he drifted into sleep, soft snores filling the water.
———————————

Dream sighed as he entered the dark cavern that his folk called home. The last of the Shark mers swarmed him, asking him questions. "Did you kill him?" A deranged elder asked, gripping his arm tightly. Dream shook his head, "I was caught off guard, he was stronger than I thought..." he admitted, reminiscing to how the dolphin prince managed to flip him over.

The elder hissed, roughly letting go of his arm, leaving a few cuts. The dirty blond glared at the elder, before swimming away to his home. He opened the door to see his father about to head out. "Hey dad...." He murmured, not meeting the red eyes searching him. "You didn't kill the prince...." Was all he murmured, moving aside to let his son inside, shutting the door.

"Heyyy Clay!" A raven haired shark swam up to him, giving him a punch on the shoulder, "Hey Nick..." Dream chuckled, ruffling his younger brothers hair, "Did you get him?" Dream looked away, "No." he replied, swimming away from Nick, and to his cave, ignoring his mother.

"He didn't do it?" His mother softly asked, his father shook his head, "He failed, but he's going to keep trying until he kills that damned prince..." Nick slowly looked towards where his brother went, debating on following, but decided against it.

Dream was laying down on hard rock, tracing the walls of the cave, his mind filled with the dolphin prince.

Could he kill the mer? No...
Not after seeing George laugh, Not after those soft fingers, Not after the question of seeing him again.

The Shark buried his face into his hands, his tail lightly thumping on his bed.

He so badly wanted to hold George in his grasp again, the feeling of happiness, something other than the will to draw blood. Dream sighed contentedly, closing his eyes and drifting off into a deep slumber.
————————————

George was up before anyone else, he took the opportunity to sneak out, not that anyone would stop him from leaving to see the shark again. He quickly swam to the reef, finding a little cavern that seemed more hidden than their dead end hide away the day before. He settled in the sand, taking off his goggles to clear them up.

It took almost and hour, George slowly dozing off while waiting. He half opened his eyes to hands on his shoulders, turning to meet bright green eyes. "Hiii!" The shark happily exclaimed, a whole new mood surrounding him. The dolphin smiled and waved, "Good morning dream." He murmured, his voice slurred slightly. The Shark chuckled and settled next to George, "Looks like someone didn't get much rest." He said, poking the brunette, making the other groan.

"I got plenty of sleep, you got way too much it seems. Mr. Giddy tail...." George shot, a warm smile on his face. The Shark let out a loud laugh, soon after George joined him, the two laughed away their worries.

The two talked the entire day away, friendship blossoming between them. "You are so much better than most of the guards I talk to." George commented, fiddling with his jewelry. "Honestly all my kind wants from me is to kill you... it's a huge ass burden and none of them want to talk to me if I don't." Dream sighed, looking at the entrance of the cave. The dolphin saw the light red tint in his green eyes, watching with awe as it faded when the shark turned to him with a smile. "That's why I'm so happy to be here with you!" The blond exclaimed, making the brunette laugh.

They hadn't noticed that they had talked into the night, when they emerged from their hiding, the nighttime ocean surprised them. Bioluminescent algae floating on the surface, in the distance, Caenuvia glowed beautifully. Dream glanced at George, noticing the lights reflecting in the dolphins eyes.  In this gentle glow, the Shark couldn't help thinking about how gorgeous George looked in this setting. The dolphin turned to Dream, who had a noticeable blush on his face, and smiled at him.

"Tomorrow?" He asked, Dream nodded quickly. "Same time?" The shark asked, his eyes filled with excitement. George nodded, starting to swim back to Caenuvia, he turned slightly to wave to the shark, "See you..." he murmured while turning to swim back to his home. "Bye..." Dream murmured back, an aching feeling in his chest.

He had to fight the urge to pull George back and keep him in the cave, talk to him more, fight his feelings, fight his duty....

Dream closed his eyes, feeling the faint pull of the bloodlust curse coming back. He had to kill George at some point to stop it, but he couldn't.

The way George still hung out with him, while knowing the Dream could snap around and kill him at anytime, if it was anyone else, Dream would've been dead already.

But what about your people Dream's conscious murmured, making him open his eyes again.

The Shark clenched his jaw, and made his way home.

He couldn't keep delaying the inevitable.

—————————-
1123 words