3

Days passed as the two grew closer and closer, Dreams feelings for George growing further. He had found that the dolphin talked in his sleep, made amazing crafts, and so much more.

The Shark loved everything about this boy, but wasn't sure if he returned the same feelings. Their gentle conversations, George slowing healing the heavy burden that Dream carried, the dolphin not even knowing what he was doing for the shark. Every night they went home to angry families, Dream constantly asked if he finally completed his task, George constantly asked where he had been all day. 

Both hid their troubles from eachother.

One hazy afternoon,  they both sat in their cave, Dream laying comfortably on the sand, his arms behind his head, George fiddling with his jewelry. "Do sharks know magic?" George asked, not looking at Dream, who glanced at him with wide eyes. 'Does he know? No he couldn't, otherwise he wouldn't be here with me...' Dream's mind raced as he sat up, back turned to the dolphin. "We know of it, but we don't know how to cast spells.... Besides, we banned it after our curse..." the blond murmured softly, his gaze fixed on the cave entrance. "Curse?" George inquired, tilting his head to Dream. Silence hung around them, then Dream sighed, "Not yet.... I can't tell you..." George wanted to ask more, he needed answers, but he saw the way Dream was trembling, so he instead patted the sharks back.  "It must be hard, I'm sorry for whatever it is..." the brunette spoke softly, rubbing small circles on Dreams back

'You have no idea...' Dream's mind whispered as he leaned into George, staring into the dolphins discolored eyes, a small smile creeping on his face, "Thanks George..." he said, his voice filled with many emotions. The dolphin smiled back, running his hands through the shark's blond hair, "Anytime." he murmured back, sinking into a feeling of comfort.  

---------------------------------------------

"George..." The dolphin king called to him once he got home, George turned his head to him, "Yes father?" he replied in a sugar coated tone. His father clearly noticed this and his frown deepened, "I've been at you for this past week... Where have you been." George gave a small chuckle, "Like I've always responded, treasure hunting." as he tried to go into his room, his father slammed his hand in front of George, "Treasure hunting yet coming home empty handed. George I know that's not what you are doing.  What are you doing." The dolphin prince glared at his father, "Why the fuck do you care huh? Why don't you go be big and great like you always are, all the time bragging about yourself but no time for your own son. Maybe if you were there when mom died, maybe then I would talk to you." George snapped, pushing past his father and into his room, slamming the door quite literally in the kings face.

He slumped against the door, breathing heavily, shocked he just did that.  George sat there for a few more moments, before erupting into small laughter. "Take that you asshole!" He cheered silently, a large smirk on his face. His interactions with Dream really made him more confident.

------------------------------------

Dream entered his home, a very angry Nick awaited, his parents no where to be found, "Clay. You've been gone for so long and yet every time you say you haven't done it. What are you doing bro... I'm not worried for our people, I'm worried for you." Dream looked away, "I can't tell you..." he silently said, this only angered his brother more. "We never keep secrets Clay, Why now?!" Dream shook his head, "You wouldn't get it!" Nick swam closer, "WHAT WOULDN'T I GET?!" Dream squeezed his eyes shut, clenched his fists, "I FELL FOR HIM!" He yelled, before opening his eyes in realization and glancing up to the other shark. Nick stared at him with wide eyes, Dream shook his head again, "Just forget it..." he hissed, swimming past his brother. 

He lay down on his bed, staring at the wall, "Clay..." Nick murmured, sadness in his tone. "Just go.... I don't want to talk right now..." the older shark snapped, not even facing the raven. Nick looked down on the ground, then slowly swam out. Dream gripped on his own shoulders, guilt and anger tracing his entire body.

He just wanted to disappear and never come back.

-------------------------------------------------

'He's late today....' George thought to himself as he traced lines in the sand, watching as the sand sunk back into place. He hoped he hadn't made the shark uncomfortable, most others got uncomfortable with the mentions of magic since only royals could preform it, Dream had said his kind banned it though, so that could've driven him away. The dolphin sighed, glancing out the cave entrance then back at the sand, his eyes slowly drooping. He soon fell into a gentle darkness, then into the world of dreams.

He woke up to a hushed argument

"Are you serious? This is the guy you're supposed to kill but fell in love with?!"

"Shut up sap, you don't understand."

"I understand your an absolute idiot, falling for the first mer he sees after so many ugly shark girls"

"Like you'd be any better."

George opened his eyes to see Dream, and a younger shark, a white bandana tied around his black hair. "Dream?...." George murmured softly, making both sharks snap their attention to him. "Morning sleepy head." Dream teased, earning a harsh jab from his companion, "Ow what the hell?" he snapped, the other shark ignored him, "Hello there Prince George, I'm Sapnap, this big doofuses brother,  nice to meet you." 

George waved at the new face, then a bright smile captured his face. "DREAM!" he exclaimed, startling both sharks, "Y-Yeah George?" the older shark asked, a small smile on his face, "Oh my god you'll never believe what I did last night. My asshole of a dad tried to act like he cared about me for once in his sorry life, but I told him off! I told him off without any fear! And I am thanking you for that braveness!" The dolphin excitedly chirped, giving the shark a huge hug. Dream had no idea what was going on, he felt his face heat up and turned to Sapnap, who had a large smirk on his face. George pulled away from the hug and immediately noticed the sharks red face, "Oh I'm sorry! I-I just.... I really missed you..." he murmured, glancing away. 

Dream stared down at him, then once again glanced at Sapnap, "I think you should head back..." He murmured to the other shark. The raven nodded knowingly, getting up to leave, before being stopped by a low hiss, "Just remember our deal...." The young shark glanced at his brother, seeing a deep shade of red in his eyes, Dream's entire appearance changed, he seemed a lot more threatening than before. "Of....Of course..." Sapnap murmured fearfully, bowing down before quickly swimming off. 

The shark stared down at the dolphin, who looked back at him with awe. He smiled before giving George a tight hug, "I'm sorry.... I let out our secret to him during an argument, and I made a deal with him to let him see you, in return to keep our secret." Dream softly spoke, his grip on George tightening protectively. The dolphin smiled into the hug, "It's alright..."

"I forgive you..."

------------------------------------------------------

1232 words 

Btw Questions over the names 

Like Nick/Sapnap

It's kind of a shark thing, outside of their temporary kingdom, they use codenames

It's more for when they go out to get some goods, using potions to change their appearance

The codenames are to hide their true names, because most of the royals are known from stories, Dream especially. 

It's 12:08 in the morning I should probably head to bed I've been writing for 3 hours lmao