The Perfect Blend.

Prompt:
#TimsColdBrewStories. In 500 words or less, write a story that features both Tim Hortons and their new Cold Brew coffee.

 In 500 words or less, write a story that features both Tim Hortons and their new Cold Brew coffee

"Holy guacamole!" My heart lurches while my stiletto heel dips into the sewer grate. Wind ruffles my hair, and my gait effortlessly straightens, like a force steadied me before disaster struck.

Timmy Ho's double-double with Splenda is my ritualistic morning jumpstart, and I suction the drip off my hand, grateful none sloshed over.

A hint of cinnamon and something else lingers in the air. I can't place it, but it emerges amongst danger for as long as I can recall.

Tedious conference calls take up the remainder of the day. I doodle on the margins of my notebook, perking up when I remember the bag of the perfect blend I nabbed earlier.

I pry the tab open while sealing my eyes shut, inhaling that luscious scent. This is the pick-me-up I need.

A draft ghosts down my spine, and I scan for the source. No windows open. The only movement catching my eye is him.

Hudson Youngblood saunters through the office, stealing my breath.

Does that name kill you, or am I simping? He's like a quintessential MC in a romance novel! We've never technically talked, but I'm reasonably sure we're in love.

I drum my fingertips on my cheek, daydreaming. Staring. Alexa, play Into You by Ariana.

Enamored by his presence, I startle when he winks, promptly spilling the fine grounds.

"Sugar!" I leap to my feet, snagging the wastebasket. When I straighten to scoop up leftovers, I gasp, finding thick letters traced amidst the grounds.

Love your cute smile.

The coffee riddle plagues me all afternoon, and it's still on my mind while leaving work. The mystery scent floats past while I step off the curb toward my Uber. Straight into traffic.

"Hailey!" My spleen threatens to pass through my throat as a force yanks me backward.

My breath hitches at Hudson's proximity. Oh, and also death. That too.

The driver's door flies open, and she clamps her hand over her mouth. "Are you okay?"

Heaving a sigh, I glance back at Hudson, arms secured around my waist and offer to share a ride. Not answering, he slides in next to me, prominent dimple indent in his cheek.

The driver meets my eyes in the rearview mirror. "Sheesh, your reflexes are insane! How did you jump so fast?"

"Oh, you didn't see my action hero? He dragged me back just in time."

"See who?"

Her eyebrows furrow, and I falter while he encloses his hand over mine. White-hot sparks of electricity zing through me and I gape, realizing we aren't touching, but it absolutely feel like it?

She kicks the car into drive, pulling away from the sidewalk, and I focus my attention back on him, bracing my palms on the seat an he evaporates into thin air. "What the beans!"

The driver glances at me again. "Are you talking to me or yourself?"

"I think I'm high," I whisper, rubbing a hand over my face. "What was in that coffee?"

 "What was in that coffee?"