"boy, wait," she said, grabbing his arm. she let go and sighed. "ugh, fine. i'll just change by myself."

"pretty sure you didn't need the help," he mumbled to himself.

•••

it was currently 5;30 pm, and y/n was putting on her makeup and doing her hair for the dance while talking to bakugou, kirishima, todoroki, and kaminari on her phone.

"y/n, can i see how you look like now?" kaminari whined into the screen.

"boy, hold up," y/n said, struggling to put on an eyelash. "it's kind hard putting on fake eyelashes when you have these long nails."

"i don't get why you extras take so long getting ready," bakugou said, as he finished putting on his kimono. "we're only gonna be there for like two or three hours."

"i agree with bakugou," todoroki said, raising his hand up a little.

"that's because you two are just naturally hot," kirishima commented. "uh, no homo, though."

"tch."

"i agree with kiri," y/n said. "also, how come y'all three ain't ask no girl to go? they said no?"

"well, mina said she wanted to go with her friends so i didn't bother asking," kirishima said aloud, and then quickly shutting his mouth.

"aw, you wanted to ask mina?" kaminari cooed. "well, i wanted to ask jirou, but she doesn't like me."

"who would like you?" bakugou chuckled.

then, the four students all stared at todoroki, waiting for his response. "todoroki?" y/n said with a smile. "any lady you had in mind?"

todoroki remained quiet and then blushed. "i, um, was planning to ask yaoyorozu but..."

"aww," they teased, causing todoroki to look away. once y/n finished the final details of her makeup, and placed her kimono on after struggling a bit, she stood up and showed it off to the boys. "'ight, i'm done now."

kaminari moved close to the screen to admire her. "wow, you look so pretty!"

"you look great, y/n," kirishima complimented with a smile.

"i like how you did your hair," todoroki said.

bakugou let out a 'tch' and looked away. "you look fine. now, hurry up so we don't be late."

"yeah, yeah," y/n said, rolling her eyes. her mother then suddenly barged into the room. "y/n, if you don't hurry up and get your butt down here, you gonna walk all the way to the dance in them heels."

•••

y/n finally arrived at the school, only a little later than the guys. she met up with the rest of them and they walked in the school backyard. there were fairy lights hanging from the trees and other decorations, and all the student's were having fun, dancing and talking with their friends, wearing and showing off their best kimonos.

y/n looked around and saw the girls, laughing with each other. they made eye-contact with her for just a moment, before they walked up to her.