Chapter nineteen

Chapter nineteen

Marcus' POV

I was talking to one of the families of the pack when out of the corner of my eye I saw Cindy and some guys go inside my house. They looked a bit dodgy but I decided to think nothing of it because I thought that they wouldn't pull anything while the whole pack was here.

I finished my conversation with the people I was speaking to and went to go and find Lucy. I had barely made it two steps when a firm hand grabbed my arm.

"Marcus, I would like you to speak with a few people before you go," my dad stated firmly pulling me towards a group of unfamiliar people, "As future alpha, It is necessary that you get to know the other alphas from nearby packs."

"But I was-" I protested

"No Marcus, duty always comes first,"

Groaning in defeat, I followed closely behind him scanning the pack for Avalon's distinctive face but coming up short. Plastering on the best fake smile I could muster, I turned to the other future alphas and began to engage in small talk, with thoughts of Avalon looming in the back of my mind.

About halfway through one of the men explaining about a recent rogue attack I felt a familiar pang of pain in my chest. My eyes widened as I realized that was Avalon's wolf letting me know that she was in trouble.

My wolf revved up and adrenalin coursed through my body as I charged off through the crowd leaving behind a very confused pack of alpha's. Now I just had to find her Letting my wolf guide me I thanked the moon goddess when I heard muted voice coming from the bathroom.

Flinging open the door, my rage boiled over at the site before me. Avalon lay half naked on the floor with a from our pack leaning over her. They turned around at the sound of me opening the door and cowered away in fear when they saw my face.

I stalked over and pulled up Avalon, ripping the gag off her mouth. She shook like a leaf in my arms and that only made me and my wolf angrier.

"We'll deal with you later," I growled at the scum who had dare to lay a finger on my precious mate. I guided Avalon out, took the key from their side of the door and locked the door behind me. Touching a red, raised mark that stood out on her face, I looked at her in worry."

"Who did this to you?" I asked worriedly, but she just shook her head. Letting it drop I lead her towards the stairs, covering her body.

"Let's go to my room to get you dressed and we'll sort out this mess later," I soothed cradling her in my arms and protecting her from wandering eyes. The vile act things that those two men were about to inflict on Avalon disgusted me and it sickened me to think that they were members of my pack.

Leading Avalon to my room, I opened the door and she stepped towards the bed. Suddenly she stopped short, and without turning back she whispered, "It was Cindy." She crawled into bed and buried herself in the sheets, leaving me ponder the answer to my previous question. Her breathing became slower I placed the shirt on my bed and strode towards the door, on a warpath aimed to my dad.

I whispered a soft goodnight to Avalon as I shut the door quietly behind me and made for the stairs. A thousand conflicting emotions rushed through my head as I searched for my dad. I spotted him in the lounge talking to Cindy dad. Good, I'll kill two birds with one stone. I stormed over and glared at my dads beta.

"Were you aware of what your daughter was doing roughly fifteen minutes ago?" I barked at Cindy's dad, "Did you have anything to do with it?"

"Marcus what's-" my dad started

"No dad, stay out of this," I snapped, "Well? Were you?"

"No I have no idea what you're talking about," Cindy's dad stuttered.

"Well just so you know my mate was attacked by your daughter and sexually harassed by two of her male allies."

They both stared at me in shock.

"And if anything like this happens again," I said lowly, "You, Cindy and the rest of your family will be banished from this pack.

"Marcus," my dad began turning towards me.

"We need to talk in private," I whispered harshly.

"EVERYONE, THIS GATHERING IS NOW OVER!!" my dad bellowed

Everyone turned towards my dad, bowed their heads and made their way towards the door.

He turned back to his beta who was looking nervously around the room and fidgeting.

"You can wait here until we are done," he declared coldly holding eye contact with Cindy's dad, before turning sharply towards me.

"Come with me Marcus," dad ordered.

I followed my dad down the hall and into his office. We sat down adjacent to each other, in completive silence for a moment before I spoke up.

"Things can't keep going on like this. Avalon is in danger from outside this pack, we can't have people targeting her from inside the pack as well. We can't continue to ignore this."

"I agree," dad sighed tiresomely, nodding his head in response.

"We have to do something about Cindy," I said

"I know we can't put Avalon in danger by having Cindy on the loose," he said while pinching between his eyebrows together in thought.

A few more moment of silence passed before he came to a decision.

"I think it best that we put her in the cells for the time being. It may sound harsh but it would be dangerous to have her roaming around while we are trying to figure out which pack is after Avalon," He concluded, "After we have solved the situation with said pack then we will release and deal with Cindy."

I nodded in agreement still processing everything he was saying. It made me feel a little queasy, thinking that it had come to this but in the name of Avalon, I would do anything for her safety.

***************************************

The talk with our beta, Simon, went fairly well considering that we were telling him we were imprisoning his daughter. He was apologetic when I explained the whole story and explained that they were having problems at home. I understood but still kept in the back of my mind that my mate must be kept safe. He left soon after we told him we'd be coming to their home soon to collect Cindy.

The door slammed behind him and echoed throughout the empty house. I heard a creak in the floor boards and I smiled gently when I saw Avalon step out from behind a corner wearing my long t shirt.

She walked over to me and I wrapped my arms around her, inhaling her delicious strawberries and cream scent. I would die to keep my mate safe.