"How surprising! I hope it is a high class restaurant! There are a lot of great restaurants in Garland city." Reese excitedly said this.

I pretend to be excited too but deep inside I'm a bit troubled. I'm the only disadvantaged one because I know the others live quite near to the area while I'm the other side of the this city.

I can't tell this to Reese because I don't want to bother her with this problem. I'm not a kid anymore that would whine about how to do this or that. Maybe I'll research on how to go home the fastest when we arrive there.

Garland city is quite known for restaurants, bars and clubs. I'm not familiar with that place because I don't drink and go to clubs. I haven't even set my foot in that place, ever. Oh boy, I bet we'll definitely go home late.

It's already 5pm and we're getting ready to go out. I checked my phone and there's still no message from Conrad if he got the role or not. Now I'm quite worried.

We all went to the underground parking and went to our respective groups. Reese, Zilly and I are inside Charles's car.

Charles's car is a sedan type of car. His car is very clean and sleek but simple. They say he's a rich guy but it says otherwise because his car is so simple. I believe he's telling the truth of being not a member of a high profiled family.

Zilly is seated at the passenger's seat while Reese and I are seated at the back seat. The journey going to Garland city has begun. As we passing by in front of our building, I saw Conrad and Lucas walking towards inside the building.

I gasped and looked back as my eyes were locked to the both and suddenly, Charles stopped the car and looked at the rear mirror to look at me.

"What is it, Barling?! That just made me nervous! I thought I just hit somebody!" He frowned at me. That serious face of his really gets me scared!

I looked in front and looked at him at the rear mirror. "I'm sorry! I-I just saw a.. uhm... a puppy!" I panicked while saying this.

"What? That's all? That's exaggerating." Zilly ridiculed me. "Don't just blab like that. What if we got into an accident just because of you!" Zilly is quite mad at me.

"Don't do that again, Barling. It's quite nerve-wracking to hear that while driving." Charles sternly said this to me.

"I'm sorry..." I said. I'm hurt again by Zilly and Charles's piercing words and tone of voice.

Charles sighed and went to continue to drive. Reese also said to me that her heart suddenly skipped when she heard me gasping. She asked what I really saw and I said it was just a puppy I saw. Can't tell that I just saw Conrad but the one that shocked me the most was Lucas.

Zilly continued to spout how I greatly shocked them earlier. However, Reese suddenly defended me by saying Zilly should not make it a big deal. She added that even she will react the way I acted if she saw a cute puppy down the road.

I'm gratedful Reese defended me. I just smiled at her to express my thanks and she smiled back at me too.

Eventually that conversation has been settled. Zilly, Charles and Reese are now having another conversation.

While they are having their conversation, I am typing a message to Conrad by saying:

Hi Conrad! I saw you entering at my company building. I'm currently going to Garland city to have a dinner out with my colleagues. Why are you at the company?

I sent the message and after a few moments, I received a reply from Conrad:

What? I was just wondering why you haven't gone out the company and I was about to ask the front desk. I'm supposed to surprise you that I got the role! I'm also supposed to treat you to dinner to celebrate and give you my thanks for helping me. I even invited Lucas just for you.