when boredom hits

this is boring, you thought, eyes stuck on the screen. for once you had nothing to do over the weekend, so there you were, watching some dumb show with almost a hundred episodes, just keeping it on for background noise as you tried to do some homework. you wanted to try, at least, but it was hard to focus. you needed something to distract you, and as you had already gone through the same four apps on your phone for an hour, you wanted something else to do.

you sighed, pulling up your messages and scrolling through them. you could send a text to inumaki and yuuta, but they also told you that they were going on a date, so you didn't wanna disturb them.. you still hadn't talked to maki, and she was probably dealing with family.. you had fushiguro's number but had never actually talked, you remembered, smiling and going to your contacts to message him. you scrolled through, going too far, stopping for a second. you.. also had yuuji's number.. you could.. 

no, quit being dumb and gay, you huffed, he was probably busy. maybe he was in the same situation as you, stuck with homework. or he could've been hanging out with fushiguro, or kugisaki. or yoshino. 

you grimaced, you needed to get rid of that stupid grudge on him.. was it a grudge? you were probably just jealous, that was probably it.. jealous, yeah, and you hated it. he hadn't done a single thing wrong, yet your brain decided to hate him. yuuji probably was with him, though, they were basically always stuck together at school, you wouldn't be surprised if they were together outside of it.

you sighed, turning to lay down and resting your phone on your chest, biting your tongue. you.. really wanted a partner. someone to go on a date with, or just hang out with whenever you were both bored.. someone that treated you like you mattered, someone that cared about you.. that protected you, and that you could protect..

you shook your head, like that would ever happen. you were already an idiot, you doubted anyone would feel like that towards you. the most anyone would feel would be protecting you and making you think they cared, but probably not actually care. they'd probably just mess with your feelings until you did something stupid like accidentally confess, then they'd beat you up.

you laid there for a minute, groaning and glaring at your phone, scrolling down and finding the number, hitting call before you could rethink. you heard it ring, and surprisingly, they picked up, and you inhaled, putting the phone next to your ear as you willed your heart to stop racing. "hey."

".."hey"?" he scoffed, he sounded tired, he might've been asleep, this was a bad idea. "what're you calling for? that's the last thing i'd expect you to do."

"'m bored and everyone else is busy, i just needed to distract myself." you sighed, this was a little less nerve wracking.. you couldn't see him, but he also couldn't see you, he wouldn't know you were sweating, more nervous than usual. "figured being mad at whatever you say would take my mind off things for a bit."

he laughed, voice raspy, and you shivered, probably just because of the cold room, yeah. "you called me cause you're bored? aww, and i thought you hated me enough to block me." 

you inhaled, just closing your eyes, you could always hang up if anything happened. "for the record, you were blocked. and yes, i was bored, you were the last person i thought to call." 

"really? the last?" he was laughing again, it sounded more airy, more.. happy? that was kinda creepy, and you bit your tongue, staying quiet. "you're lucky, i don't have anything planned today, so i was bored, too." 

"nothing at all? i thought you'd be busy over the weekend.." you hummed, thinking for a second. both of you had nothing to do, and were bored.. you were an idiot, you knew, but you weren't enough of an idiot to- "why don't we go out and do something?" fuck.

"huh?" he went quiet, and you grabbed a pillow to shove over your face. "really? you're asking me out? and i thought you'd never even think to ask." 

"it was just a suggestion, we're both bored and have nothing to do." you tried to even your voice, but you were shaking, sitting up and putting the pillow in your lap to pound your fist into. "not a date, in case you were wondering."

"i wasn't wondering." fuck.

"do you wanna go out or not?"

"fine, fine, send me your address, i'll pick you up whenever i get ready." he huffed, and you heard rustling, holding your breath. "did you have somewhere in mind?" 

"not really, i just wanna get out." that wasn't a lie, you really didn't have a plan. "i'll think of something, lemme send you the address.." you pulled the phone away, starting a conversation and sending the address, sighing and pulling the phone back. "i need to get ready, so take your time."

"alright, i'll be there in a bit." he finished, and you heard the beep, sighing and pulling your phone away, setting it down as you stared at the ground. you.. had asked him out.. oh a whim, no plan, no panic until he picked up.. it wasn't a date, you had both said so, but.. it was a start! 

you smiled a bit, standing up and stretching, you had done it! you were gonna go out with him on a not-date, do some random stuff, then come back home.. and then you could panic all you wanted, worry about everything you had said during the not-date. but for now, you could stay calm, and.. get ready to go out.. with.. sukuna.. 

"shit."