came for advice, got bullied instead

"l/n, you're spacing out." 

you sat at the table, staring down at the wood as you flicked a pencil, watching it roll up, before stopping and rolling back down, flicking it again to repeat. 

"l/n.." the blue haired girl waved her hand in front of your face, frowning a little. "momo, he's out of it again."

she shrugged, leaning backwards in her chair to face both of you. "just say something about gojo-sensei being a dilf, that'll snap him out of it." 

"huh-?"

"that man is not a dilf." as if on cue, you glared at her, and she laughed, turning around in her chair to properly face you both. "i'm having relationship problems."

"what, did a girl confess to you or something?" she asked, resting her chin on the palm of her hand and humming, shaking her head. "scratch that, i doubt any girl'd confess to the boy who yelled "fat fucking nuts" in the middle of lunch last year."

"that wasn't me, it was toge!" you argued, huffing and crossing your arms under yourself. "it's not like.. romantic relationship, it's.. i don't know how to describe it.." you bit your lip with a wince, frowning. you could probably give them the basic info, after all miwa was an angel, and nishimiya didn't gossip, she'd probably just blackmail you. though her blackmailing was way less worse than.. someone else's blackmailing. "there's this person i'm dealing with, but they're.. really mean. they've been messing with my feelings, and they fought me a couple times physically, and we both really hate each other.. yet we still do.. stuff together, and we've both had to take care of each other after fights with other people.. and.. i think he genuinely does care about me sometimes.. but he still tries to fight me, but.." you sighed, feeling your face warm up. "i think.. i might like him. uh, romantically."

"..that's messed up."

"i know that!" you huffed, inumaki had told you the exact same thing..! well, he also called you an idiot, but he did buy you a snack from the vending machine while you gave him the basics of the situation, which resulted in getting called an idiot again.. inumaki was a good listener, he just wasn't very good at giving you advice back. 

"is this the same person that hurt you like that..?" miwa asked, frowning, and you shook your head, that was another kid. she nodded, holding her hand to her chin as she thought. "well.. i personally think that if you both care about each other.. you should tell them, even if you don't always get along. if the relationship doesn't work out, you can always call it quits."

you nodded, that did make sense.. 

"no way. cut off all ties with him, he sounds like an asshole, your mind is tricking you." nishimiya huffed, and you squinted, that also made sense. 

"you can't say that, you're dating mai, she's an asshole, too." you mumbled, and she grit her teeth, and you immediately regretted everything you ever said. "please don't punch me, i'm already bruised."

"oh yeah? who's this person you're talking about then? i'm sure they're much worse than what you think my mai is!" she stood up, rolling up her sleeves, she was seriously ready to fight you on sight. you really didn't wanna tell them, but she was probably ready to go tell mai what you said, which would result in a double beating. it wouldn't hurt to say it, probably, you already knew you were dumb as hell for realizing it, why not say it out loud?

"..it's sukuna."

they both froze, eyes widening. "what."

"..suku-"

"don't!! repeat it!!" the blonde yelled, holding up her hand in front of you, glaring hard enough you thought she'd burn a hole in your skull. "i'm absolutely fuming that you would compare that piece of shit to my sweet, sweet mai."

"who's comparing who to me?" you inhaled, eyes widening when what do you know, the girl in question stepped up, nishimiya immediately wrapping her arms around her, frowning and pointing at you.

"l/n said you and sukuna are on the same level of asshole-ness." 

you smiled, tilting your head back and closing your eyes, not wanting to see. "i'm in danger."

you flinched when somebody put their hand on your head, but it wasn't violent, just a pat, so you opened an eye, eyes widening slightly. "oh, toudo. what're you doing?" 

"no fighting, you both no that." he cleared his throat, the two ready to attack you frowning, but backing down. "i see where you're coming from, though, y/n. to my knowledge, you've had only bad experiences with both that third year and mai, it makes sense." he started, and you sighed, saved from danger. "however, mai is a good person, your opinion would change if you knew her better." 

"..sorry, yeah, he's right, i'm stupid." you smiled nervously, the raven haired girl just sighing, shrugging you off, nishimiya frowning and sticking her tongue out at you. "thanks, toudo."

"of course. now, why were you comparing the two in the first place?" 

oh no.

"because he's got a crush on sukuna!"

oh no. 

"..on who?" he stared down at you, and wow the floor sure looked interesting!! that's what you would look at. nothing else. "does itadori know?"

oh no oh no oh no oh no oh n

"..no."

"..i see." he sighed, stepping back and crossing his arms. "i'm sorry, but it's truly disrespectful for me to keep this secret from my brother. we can't let guilt slowly kill us, so i'll tell him for you."

"FUCK DO NOT DO THAT-" you yelled, standing up as quick as possible, nearly tripping over a desk as you grabbed his arm before he left. "toudo i am begging you do not tell him i'll probably die if you do please don't."

his eyes widened slightly, your teeth grit together, holding onto his arm for dear life. "you're that desperate to keep your feelings hidden away?" 

"yes."

"..okay, i will hold off on it." you sighed in relief, letting go of his arm and sliding against the wall. "however, it's incredible unhealthy to bottle of your emotions like that. so, i will give you a week. on the night of the dance, you should say something."

"alright, alright, fine, i'm gonna die before then anyways." you slid to the floor, holding your head in your hands. "i'm gonna die."

"you'll be fine." you looked up at the blonde, who was smiling, her hands on her hips. "i mean, you admitted it out loud, what's the worst that could happen?" 

your eyes widened a bit, moving your hands to your knees. "the worst that could happen..?" you thought, mind racing possibilties. he would probably punch you. or laugh at you for falling for him again. call you stupid, make fun of you.. ignore you for the rest of the year, never talk to you again, never acknowledge you.. "i don't think i can do this."

"you'll be fine, l/n! we'll all be there, too, you can always come to one of us if you aren't sure what to do!" miwa popped up, smiling, she was absolutely an angel, not even caring that you had a thing for sukuna. "..though, i am a little worried, are you going to be okay..?"

you nodded, pulling yourself off the ground and sighing, turning to the floor. "i'll be fine.. probably."