chocolate?

yesterday was great, the students there accept Xiao immediately and the most important thing.... IT HAPPENED! HIS HEART GO DOKI DOKI! HE FALL IN LOVE!

Love at first sight, how beautiful. For someone that have trouble communicating with people like himself, it's gonna be a challenge for sure. Especially after that promise...

But that's fine, he's not alone. He's pretty sure Lumine broke the news to everyone already, but that's even better cause now they can help him somehow...

Xiao rub his eyes, the sunlight shine through the window, blinding him. 'what time is it now?' Xiao still have a hard time adjusting to the brightness, his hands wonder around in search for his phone.

Once detected, Xiao check the clock on his phone.

....SHIT!

He's late! Xiao quickly got up and change, grabbed his bag and headed downstairs.

Empty...

'dammit' Xiao thought. There's a rule in this household, its that everyone should take care of their own self. If you're late for something, no one will warn you about it, it's your lost. Zhongli said that it's to teach them to be independent, but there's exception on Qiqi as she is still young.

Xiao head to the refrigerator and search for anything he can eat on the go. There's something that catches his attention in the refrigerator.

It's some chocolate in a fairly large packaging, there's a note there too.

[For, Xiao. Yesterday the kids from 3rd year class give me this as a welcome gift, have some. Zhongli.]

'Ah, ok then' Xiao thought.

He thought no further and just leave the house and go to school. He ate some of the chocolate, but also spare some of it. He thought it would be nice to share it too the class as a sorry for leaving them yesterday.... It's also a bribe to ask more about Venti.

When he arrived at school, It wasn't too late. Xiao was greeted by the whole class.

'geez, so energetic this early' but its not like he's complaining, it's nice having friends.

"Yo" Xiao replied simply and sit down at his seat.

Lumine quickly drag Aether and surround Xiao.

Her eyes shine, "So? What happened? What did he say?" there's too much questions for Xiao mind to process immediately.

Xiao sigh, "he said it's too early"

Lumine frown "damn... Bad luck I guess"

Aether remove his attention from the book he was reading just to give Xiao the 'dont worry, there's a lot more fishes in the sea' look.

"But there's something else, I make a promise... More of a proposal really, that I'll make him fall for me before this year end" Xiao continue.

Lumine frown turn upside down, she slammed his hand on the table out of excitement.

Aether nods quietly...that guy is too quiet...

That slam on the table caught attention of the whole class, now almost everyone is surrounding Xiao table.

Time to bring out the secret weapon.

Xiao bring out the chocolate box from under his table, "have one, in exchange tell me everything about Venti"

The whole class turn into piranhas. They basically fought war to get a piece of that chocolate. Fortunately, there were enough for everyone.

Bennett who use to be the closest to Xiao table, step back when he start giving out chocolate. With his bad luck, he might injured someone while trying to take a piece.

Razor notice this and intended to grab to pieces, but each can only have one... Razor head towards Bennett and break his chocolate into two, he gave one of them to Bennett. "Come, we need to give information about Venti" Razor sit back near Xiao table.

Bennett smile wide, "Thank you!" He exclaimed. The chocolate in his hand is something he will remember. Bennett rush to take a seat near Xiao again.

They finally calm down... Xiao sigh, "ok information and a plan now"

Barbara rises her hand, "what I heard is that Venti have beautiful voice and great at singing! Maybe I and Xinyan can help you make a song about him" Xinyan beside her nods in agreement.

Nobody thought that Xiao would take this seriously, even in class he never take notes... But right now, he's taking note about Venti so seriously.

[1. Venti love to sing, write him a song]

"Ok other than that?" Xiao ask his friends.

"People said he's soft but also naughty, maybe get along with his behaviour?" Amber gives a suggestion.

"Come on! I think Venti would love to be pampered over" Bennett share his too.

"I agree with Bennett, I heard that Venti used to throw a small fit for when things doesn't go his way. But it been 3 years since he's here so everyone get used to it" Sucrose give a logical and calm suggestion.

"He use to throw a fit? I thought no matter how much trouble he get into, he always cover it up with a laugh..."

"Y'all are making him sound like a bad guy... I heard rumors from first years that he's actually a pretty nice senior, he respect everyone and offer help to those in needs" Xingqiu nods his head a couple of times. "Plus, he don't feed his best friend spicy food" Chongyun say sarcastically, "Heyy!!" Xingqiu replied, the whole class break into a laugher for a second.

"He's a school idol! Everyone know who he was, an even a chance to talk to him would be incredibly rare!" Noelle also seem to be interested in this project.

'Rare huh.... That might makes it harder.' Xiao thought. The whole class go silence for a bit thinking how it might be impossible to even go near Venti.

From a distance, a sound of laugher could be heard. It's Fischl...

"Can't you see the bigger picture? The real problem here is his taste! What kind of person he's into!" She continue to laugh.

" His taste huh? I once saw him hugging Kaeya, maybe he like tall dudes?" Xiangling offer her opinion.

Everyone stare at Xiao, silence... Aether can't stand it anymore and he also want to tease Xiao, "you're short dude" he laugh.

Xiao goes red from embarrassment, he lower his head.

Lumine hit Aether shoulder softly cause of what he's done to the poor guy, "but the fact that he doesn't disagree with giving you 1 year to make he fall for you must mean your somewhat his type right?"

Everyone sigh in relief, it would be awkward if Xiao was completely off of Venti taste.

Yanfei who was silent this whole time finally speak up, "where did you get that chocolate anyway? Just so you know, bribing is illegal especially in school."

Xiao laugh, "it's not bribing! I'm just asking for a favor haha... I got this chocolate from my dad, he said it's a welcome gift from the third year class"

Everyone look at Xiao, "dude-" was written all over their faces.

"What?" Xiao is still confuse.

"Your dad teaches the third year class! Venti's class!" Everyone say simultaneously.

Xiao eyes shine, in his heart he thanked his dad so much.

"Lets gooo! You can ask how Venti is from your dad!" Bennett smiles.

"Ok got it, thanks everyone" Xiao let out a small grin.

Everyone in the class saw Xiao little smile, and everyone simultaneously agree that

'that smile is precious we need to protect it at all cost'

Xiao now have full protection from the while class.